popeye

Popeye's Workbench

Thank's for your kind words. Some of the parts used are as follows. Hooks are by MJT No 2953, Buffers by MJT No 2350 and brakepipes by MJT No 2950.

The yellow hand wheels are a brass etch from DC Kits.

001.jpg

009.jpg

Just moved this from an old thread. NIR Ballast Wagon.

Built from Cambrian Models kit C67 SR 40T Hopper Wagon, SSM Transfers, Ballast is from Woodland Scenics Med Grey. The paint is Humbrol Insignia yellow 154. Not a bad kit to build but some tricky bits on the two ends.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10094[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10095[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10091[/ATTACH]

The second shot could be mistaken for a prototype shot. Great modelling

Thanks, I got the transfers from studio Scale Models.

Thanks for the tip on where to source the hand wheels but I can't find the transfers on SSM Web Site?

Hi Kirley, on SSM website go to transfers then freight and scroll down to F12 with pic of ploughvan.

Popeye, your work never ceases to amaze me. The subtlety of the weathering is divine. Hard to fathom its only 4mm scale...

Superb work Popeye - as set me thinking about how to do a 7mm version. interesting thing about wagon kits is that the expensive bits are the running gear, buffers etc, while the bodywork is about a fiver at the most. So, what brakevan did you start with? Am hoping could do the same with a Slaters or Parkside kit.

Thanks for all your comments. David the Brakevan chassis is Parkside Dundas 10ft wheel base but i shuold have used 12ft to be correct length. The doors were taken from an old hornby brakevan, but you could make your own.

Superb work Popeye - as set me thinking about how to do a 7mm version. interesting thing about wagon kits is that the expensive bits are the running gear, buffers etc, while the bodywork is about a fiver at the most. So, what brakevan did you start with? Am hoping could do the same with a Slaters or Parkside kit.

Made using a Lima O gauge brake van chassis, the rest is plastic card

DSC00692.jpg

I have been building a brass Park Royal Coach from Worsley Works over the past year. The Bogies used are from Bachmann 36-008A so are the Buffers.Torpedo ventilators are from MJT 2940. The roof was made from plastic with a frame of curved ribbs covered with very thin plasticard. The seating was also made with plastic.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by popeye
  • Like 1

Excellent job, the making of the roof, the most difficult part of the build, is on a different level. Well done.