Popeye's Workbench

Rate this topic

popeye

• 1 month later...

Absolutely stunning piece of work.A master class in scratch building from start to finish, love the weathering especially around the exhaust's it just takes the model to another level.You should be very proud of producing something to such a high standard.

Edited by jason brady

Can't help starring again and again at the photos of this stunning model.  The quality of finish and immense minute detailing, never mind the superb paint job and weathering is totally amazerballs.

Particularly impressed with the hydraulic lines, cab details, mechanical PW gear and finish rivalling injection moulded plastic.  The exhaust in itself is an item of beauty.  What material did you use for the hydraulic lines?

First things first to have even begun to even contemplate scratch building a motorised piece of rolling stock is a huge task to take on. To choose a piece of Per Way equipment is really testing yourself and your ability ( and possibly your sanity ) to produce a model that is of this models quality. 

It really is a superb model and deserves all the plaudits it is getting.

Rich,

In all the years I've been around the forum here, it's one of the foremost and standout pieces of work. I missed the lead up to the finish, apologies popeye, and was full shure it was a Britannia Pacific Kit, rather than a scratchbuild. 

Having gone back, I just had to laugh in awe. That framework/scaffolding is a work of art, engineering, and perseverance, the attention to detail on the weathering alone is so delicate, and right, words fail me. As for the attention to general detail in terms of pipes and wires, I'm a so boggled by what I've seen, I'm all akimbo with suitable phrasing. 

IRM Model of the Year 2017 contender, easily..

Rich

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Glenderg said:

I missed the lead up to the finish, apologies popeye.

Having gone back, I just had to laugh in awe. That framework/scaffolding is a work of art, engineering, and perseverance, the attention to detail on the weathering alone is so delicate, and right, words fail me. As for the attention to general detail in terms of pipes and wires, I'm a so boggled by what I've seen, I'm all akimbo with suitable phrasing.

I assumed that your silence was due to you being busy fitting out the dungeon where he is to be kept after you kidnap him and force him to build these for you (and us) under the IRM banner. If not, then can I suggest that you start immediately?

• Funny 1

On 4/6/2014 at 10:34 PM, popeye said:

Here are some wagons that i have been weathering.

011.jpg

026.jpg

046.jpg

066.jpg

This wagon was made with a TTA oil wagon chassis made a bit shorter & bits cut off & MIR beer keg containers.

The kegs were made by me from plastic tube cut and all stuck together.

067.jpg

ESSO 1..jpg

ESSO 3.jpg

John Milligen..jpg

Speechless here(which is a rare thing!) - well done Sir!=D

IMG_3116.JPG

She's just beautiful! Great work there - well done!Wow emoticon

• Like 1

• 1 month later...