Duchess of Sutherland.

Rate this topic

She does look very good in black. You've got to love Staniers, he came up with some beautiful designs. I have a maroon City of Lancaster myself, would fancy a black one too.

Dutchess of Sutherland has recently been outshopped in early BR green...

But not as nice as LMS black (or maroon for that matter.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KWnXNycpHI

Edited by Warbonnet

Wrenn did some lovely Staniers in Black

City Of Stoke on Trent

Sir William Stanier

Duchess of Hamilton

Duchess of Gloucester

City of Leicester

City of Leeds

City of Nottingham

But my favourite Stanier would be the War Department Grey

Will post a pic when I find it!

Very very nice Northman she's a real beaut. I'm really looking forward to Paddy's 071 but my other eagerly awaited release this year will be Hornby's all new Flying Scotsman I will definitely be having one of those.

Pffff, Scotsman is such a hussey of a preserved loco, always grabbing the limelight compared to other engines. There are much nicer A3's out there with more attractive names.

Anyway, here's mine!;)

Must do a support coach along with one for Tornado, both add something different when running modern stock.

I might be a bit of a philistine but I like A3s most of all with GNR coalrail tender, BR green late crest and smoke deflectors, ala Galtee More

Scotsman's corridor tender and GNR tender

And another shot of City of Lancaster. They're really nice models, but I must replace the front bogie with a more realistic aftermarket product. The Hornby one looks pretty poor.

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

009.jpg

002.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

009.jpg

002.jpg

I was in a model shop a couple of months ago when a chap, looking at a Duchess model, tried to impress his bored teenaged sons by asking them if they remembered that "the Duchess of Sutherland had pulled all three of them last month"..?

I was going to say to them that I would have expected to read about that in one of the Sunday papers, but decided not to. I had to go and hide behind some shelving until I composed myself.

I was in a model shop a couple of months ago when a chap, looking at a Duchess model, tried to impress his bored teenaged sons by asking them if they remembered that "the Duchess of Sutherland had pulled all three of them last month"..?

I was going to say to them that I would have expected to read about that in one of the Sunday papers, but decided not to. I had to go and hide behind some shelving until I composed myself.

Excellent Jim =)).

Rich,