All my Irish stock (brand new/mint) for sale !!!

Rate this topic

When you buy 1 loco's, postage to Ireland and UK is charged only 50% (€10) !!!

When you buy 2 loco's or more, postage to Ireland and UK is FREE !!!

Update means also only stock still available is listed, with sold items taken off.

Regards, Michel

-------------------------------

Hi all,

Due to a multitude of reasons, I've decided to quit forreign modelling, and revert back to Dutch modelling, this time trams in H0 (3.5mm).

Therefor all my Irish stock is up for sale.

All stock is brand new/mint and largely unrun, bar a few loco's that have been run in on rollers.

All stock boxed, and all parts still there, unfitted.

Pictures can be made (available).

Payment by PayPal.

Stock :

2x Murphy Models Class 141, no 146 in IE livery. Asking €75 each.

EDIT One of these Sold STP.

Kind Regards,

Michel van den Hof, Lelystad, Netherlands

Edited by 59004
Additional & updated info.

Hi all,

I've updated my first posting with asking prices and items Sold STP.

Yes, it's a shame to quite the foreign modelling and the nice project that lay ahead. All about domestic peace, balancing spare time and spare money (if any;)).

Regards, Michel

not wishing to cause trouble but why do people think his prices are too high?

i recently asked about mm201 no.201 and was told it was only worth 60-80%

of original price eventhough it had never run but it sold for 130.again i was offered

€25 for the unmade boxed bogie cement and it sold for €95.if michael is trying to sel

them at that price if someone wants them they'll pay the asking price.only a suggestion but

if anyone thinks the prices are too high why not pm him as it might put buyers off!on

a few of the car sites i'm on the mods have stopped people from criticising sale ads

for that very reason.

not wishing to cause trouble but why do people think his prices are too high?

i recently asked about mm201 no.201 and was told it was only worth 60-80%

of original price eventhough it had never run but it sold for 130.again i was offered

€25 for the unmade boxed bogie cement and it sold for €95.if michael is trying to sel

them at that price if someone wants them they'll pay the asking price.only a suggestion but

if anyone thinks the prices are too high why not pm him as it might put buyers off!on

a few of the car sites i'm on the mods have stopped people from criticising sale ads

for that very reason.

Reasons were offered in their replies on why they thought the prices were too high. It was no more than friendly advice and at the end of the day it is up to the vendor to either take the advice or stick to his asking prices.

Gents,

I did start my thread without ASKING prices, but they are on there now, after you we're all asking what prices I have in mind.

Initially I put down "Sensible offers welcome" !!!

So what's stopping you from making an offer, in your eyes/mind "sensible" ?

There's also a massive difference, if you're interested in stock for yourself, or to make money out by selling on again, reworked/enhanced or not.

Most remarks seem to be linked more close to the latter as the former.

For the stock (bar the 201's) I paid similar or higher prices, when the stock was technically not new either.

Perception of "going rate" seems to differ.

By weather, period of the month, season, or ?

Make offers if you want to have some items, but aren't willing to pay what I'm asking.

Who knows, I might say DEAL !!!! ;)

Regards, Michel

Different market

The 201's were bought at a time when they were the only rtr Irish Diesel loco available and the prospect of any further ones being produced was not known

Nobody is arguing about the quality of the 141/181's, they are bulletproof.

These locos are still available from some retailers but when the 201's were making big money they were out of production for up to 8 years

Best price I recorded was £510 stg for a River Boyne in Jan of O9, and River Boyne had the biggest production of the range with 500 made.

They were produced in O3 and were still in some shops in O6, its really hard to fathom why it went for such big money.

In Sept of O9 an NIR 208 made £87.25 stg, but if I remember correctly the seller had a UK only tag on his listing so it excluded probably his biggest market

Anyway best of luck to Michel, plenty of people still out there looking for some elusive numbers to fill their collections.

Hi all,

AMENDED POSTING (See first posting in this thread).

When you buy for a minimum amount of €90 (i.e. loco's, or 3 coaches), postage to Ireland and UK is free of charge !!!

Update means also only stock still available or Sold STP is listed, with sold items taken off.

Regards, Michel

(2nd) AMENDED POSTING (See first posting of the thread).

A final price reduction on stock, before eBay becons.

When you buy for a minimum amount of 1 loco's, or 3 coaches, postage to Ireland and UK is charged at only 50% or less (€10) !!!

When you buy for a minimum amount of 2 loco's, or 6 coaches, postage to Ireland and UK is FREE !!!

Update means also only stock still available or Sold STP is listed, with sold items taken off.

Regards, Michel

Hi all,

There's a general delay in sending the parcels out.

I could not source bubble wrap, but have now got suffient.

Posting out, if paid and address given, is today (22-5) or tomorrow (23-5).

Upon checking the sold models before packing, I've encountered a delivery error.

I had bought 5x MM0220, which I got delivered at Model Rail Scotland, last February.

I've now encountered a MM0229 to be with the other 4x MM0220.

You see, they are that new, that I've not even read the lable properly, let alone see the model.

Therefor the last 2 remaining Class 201's for sale are not 2x MM0220, but 1x 0220 and 1x 0229.

First posting has been amended accordingly.

Regards, Michel

#229 sold and paid for. Never sold a model so quick, within a minut AFAIK.

Too bad the parcel for 4x Cravens to the same address was only just finished.

Some surgery ahead now ......

Thanks Declan, enjoy the models !!!!

Regards, Michel

Its all about being in the right place at the right time :D Was looking for an Intercity 201 and just as I logged in your post popped up!

Must try and stay off eBay and the 'For Sale' threads as always seem to be finding things I'd like to buy!

Just as I was about to start box surgery, the postman turned up, with 1x Halling TW6000 "Den Haag" tram, odered last Saturday from a model car shop, being the last they had in stock.

The box was huge for the small tram, but just a snug fit for 4x Cravens and 1x 229.

Good thing, I have another order for 4 Cravens also.

You might just have to swap numbers now ........................... :cool:

Oh no, I had to swap the coaches.

Swift deal, the other parcel ready in no time now.

Regards, Michel

Posting of all items sold and paid so far (everything except for the still available 7x 146, 1x 184, 3x 187 and 1x 220) is (finally) happening this Wednesday 23-5, and tracking numbers will be forwarded to respective buyers.

Regards, Michel

Hi Tommy,

The Baby GM's are €80 each, all mint (unrun or only rollingroad run in), boxed, parts in box unfitted.

Postage to Ireland, UK or most EU countries is €10 for 1 loco and FREE for 2 or more loco's.

Regards, Michel