Enniscorthy 150

Rate this topic

From the IÉ website:

Enniscorthy Station will be 150 years old on Saturday 16th November and to celebrate Iarnród Éireann is hosting a family fun day at Enniscorthy Station from 12 noon. Local musicians and face painters will be on hand to entertain young and old alike.

To mark this important occasion Iarnród Éireann will be offering special fares from €1.50 each way between Enniscorthy & Dublin for Sunday 17th November. These fares are available online and will sell out fast so Book Above Now.

• 2 weeks later...

A few photos I took last Saturday at the Enniscorthy Station 150.

A large tent was erected outside the station serving refreshments,

while the "Castle Express"brought us on a spin around the town.All

this was free,and well done to IE,and to Oliver Doyle who gave a

talk on the arrival of railways to Enniscorthy.I missed the unvailing

of a plaque as I wanted to get to the 1798 centre to see WMCs

display.

073hook229_zps8a2635b4.jpg

073hook190_zps87e3f874.jpg

073hook225_zps8e4f02e1.jpg

073hook227_zps6aecb4dc.jpg

073hook201_zpsecbd4db0.jpg

073hook198_zpse20162d9.jpg

Sounds like a great day Eamonn. I remember the celebrations in Waterford when it was our 150th anniversary. I still have the book when the rails came to Waterford. It suffered a bit of damage during a house move but some invisible tape is holding it together rather well.

Is that Mrs R and the the kid's in front of the Castle Express. Enniscorthy Station looks really tidy now. I was watching an old Markle video yesterday and there was some nice footage of Enniscorthy and all other stations between Bray and Rosslare. MK11's, Cravens, Park Royals, on loan 80 class from NIR. Some really old cinefilm as well from the seventies.

Rich,

Sounds like a great day Eamonn. I remember the celebrations in Waterford when it was our 150th anniversary. I still have the book when the rails came to Waterford. It suffered a bit of damage during a house move but some invisible tape is holding it together rather well.

Is that Mrs R and the the kid's in front of the Castle Express. Enniscorthy Station looks really tidy now. I was watching an old Markle video yesterday and there was some nice footage of Enniscorthy and all other stations between Bray and Rosslare. MK11's, Cravens, Park Royals, on loan 80 class from NIR. Some really old cinefilm as well from the seventies.

Rich,

That's the gang in front of the Castle express alright Rich.

That's the gang in front of the Castle express alright Rich.

It's nice to make a family day out if it Eamonn, it makes it more enjoyable. The women folk are usually ok about the hobby until they start seeing more and more models arriving, and then questions get asked.

Rich,

Amazing mid-November just a hint of Autumn foliage, really smartly turned out railway interesting mix of 19th Century buildings, modern rolling stock and infrastructure, far cry from the dilapidated railways of the 70s and 80s.

when we had Park Royals and Cravens, A & C classes , 121, 141 181 class ( single and double ) Yes a far cry !