North Kerry Book

Rate this topic

Mayner

Heard a whisper through the grapevine, book on the Limerick & North Kerry by A J O'Rourke to be launched at the Lartigue Museum, Listowel 7pm, Sunday 24th November.

No idea of its contents but Alan is the HMRS Irish Stewart, editor of New Irish Lines and models the GSWR in 4mm scale.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all,

On Sunday evening I attended the launch of Dr. Alan O'Rourke's new book on the History of the North Kerry Line. Pictures from the event can be viewed by clicking http://smu.gs/1fDTmsQ

A 2nd launch will take place at the Library, Gortboy, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick on Tuesday 26th Nov. at 8pm by Éamon Ó Cuív T.D. The public are cordially invited to attend.

The Wanderer.

• 4 weeks later...

A great evening was had at Newcastlewest. There was a full house the event was preceded with an excellent audiovisual presentation of 8mm film of the early 70's RPSI tour on the line, and some recorded interviews of cie staff and passengers from times past.

Alan proved himself a natural raconteur with some mighty anecdotes. So much that when he finished there was an "awww" heard in the house!

Beg, borrow or steal the book. It is a very well put together and a great read. Quality photos, drawings, line route detail and all the rest.

And of course, it was great to meet the Man himself!

Thanks I've found it on the RPSI Sales site; also a very interesting looking book on the GNRI at Dundalk by Charles Friel.

Ernie

I've just posted off my order for the Dundalk and Kerry books to the RPSI - the only place I could find them mail order. Also, they only charge 10% post and packing which is pretty good these days.

Hi Des,

Am spending Christmas here in Dublin with the In-Laws and having a grand time. Hope to be back in the Spring when I may get the time to get to Ennis - no chance this time with all the relatives to see! I did though manage to see Eamon the other day and he is a very busy man and an inspiration! Hope you and yours have a great Christmas and a brilliant 2014. Best wishes, Paul, Angela and Sarah. ps Did you get an invite to York?