Order from chaos?

Rate this topic

David Holman

Not so much workbench, as workshop. Thought you might be interested in seeing the space I work in. Used to be the integral garage, complete with up & over door etc. However, several years ago, realising that the car no longer fitted into its 15'9 x 7'9 space, converted it to my workshop, by fitting double glazed doors, adding direct access door from the house, lots more sockets and an extension to the central heating system. As you can see, the layout fills one side and my workbench and storage the others.

Tidy it ain't!

Equally, in my defence, the scenic work means lots of stuff out much of the time & am getting to the stage when will be glad this phase is over for a bit. will be adding a tutorial on elements of scenic work shortly.DSCN0552.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

DSCN0545.jpg

Full marks for observation Broithe! Smoke alarm disconnected whenever I do soldering, though that was a while ago, so thanks for the reminder.

Sadly the geography of the house means the stair well is between the workshop and the kitchen, meaning my wife has to walk round to deliver refreshments! Perhaps I could set up an intercom????

To be honest David it looks a lot more tidier than my kitchen table when I am doing a bit of work. My storage area is a bit like doctors hand writing, only I can understand it. The static grass applicator seems to be an invaluable piece of kit to any owners that I have talked to, and I must invest in one sometime. I take it that the plastic containers in front of the layout contained many a good curry at one time. Looks a nice space to work in and enjoy the layout. After seeing pics of Georges porakabin, I may well go down that route if I can find one that ticks all the boxes. Thanks for sharing.

Rich,

You call that untidy? In comparison to mine, it's at laboratory standard! I see you're also a fan of the curry tray/tupperware storage option. They fit lovely in an IKEA dvd rack incidentally :P Richie.

I bet you know where everything is though Richie. I noticed the curry trays myself, they're invaluable.

Rich,

Sorry to disappoint, but no curries in our house - the tubs were bought new from a well know £ [euro?] chain. However, I do at least 50% of the cooking, so my guilt is not too bad on that front. Good to dream though! There is also a magnet on the fridge that says 'when I married Mr right, I didn't realise his middle name was 'always'. Any idea what that means?

Probably something the same as a sign in a fast food joint I used to know, which was run by two ladies. It said "women's faults are many, but men have only two. Everything they say and everything they do"......

I never dared ask them what it meant, but a decent burger with extra onions and a portion of chips was 36p........