085 on Autoballast Wexford

Rate this topic

never noticed it before' date=' but was the cab front main panel below the windows replaced, or the window section? seems to be a very visable welding line accross her front....or was i drinking too much c2h5oh last night?[/quote'] Everything above the marker lights has been replated-with in some cases the super structure strengthened and repainted internally, Well done David on some excellent photos-nice to see another refurbished 071 back in traffic

Just found this....explains everything...

image-3012257353.jpg

Edited by ttc0169

Hi David (Wexfordloco10) super shots as always! Again, and after looking at the images above, I'm not understanding the track layout at the station. If you have the time, or if anyone else is familiar with it, can you explain the current track layout to me at Wexford station? Google earth and osi.ie don't give a clear picture. Surely it would be logical to have a run-round loop here, but I'm 99% sure that this is not the case!

passing loop.PNG

Enniscorthyman, tend to agree with you. As per Davids picture on the previous page, I have highlighted what appears to be a run-round headshunt down the Wexford town end of the station. Looks like a recent installation alright. I know through the 90's there used to be some funny maneuvers here when the bagged cement called. Either a loco from a Dublin/Rosslare Train was sometimes used to 'free' the loco of the cement, or it would run on to Rosslare to run round. There would have to be a run round facility now for the ballasting to be stabled there, otherwise they would require 2 locos.

One again, if anyone has photos or could scetch the current layout that would be most helpful!

Love these pictures of Wexford :). Makes me miss home.

There was a rake of the autoballster wagons at Ballinasloe yesterday (time ~1600), not sure if anything interesting is going to happen. Would love to get a picture of them with an 071 near Galway at some point. That would be a rare sight.