New Items for Christmas '13 from SSM

Rate this topic

Weshty

The Wickhams and phone box are excellent models. I will take one of each. I am new on here but have already this site to a great resource.

I'll contact you through your web site to order these and some wiper kits for a few Silver Fox C and A class kits I got myself for Christmas :)

Folks,

Here is the second little item that I promised you before Christmas. The Wickam Inspection Car kit. Three of these were introduced in 1962 (711, 713 & 714)

The kit includes wheels, transfers, underframe, handrail wire, and acetate for windows and amber lighting. It has a fully detailed interior of seating and control wheel. The doors can be fixed open or closed.

It is designed to be motorised with a Black Beetle 35mm.

All for €22 and €3p&p.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10692[/ATTACH]

Ya good thing Des! will of course take one

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Found details on the website !

Upcoming Spring items include the Ammonia Rake incorporating:

Bogie Ammonia Wagon brass and resin kit. Detailing includes transfers, Y33 bogie sides and Sambre et Meuse buffers (c.€46)

Barrier Wagon (42' Bogie flat and 20' ISO Water Tanker) brass kit, transfers and w/m detailing (c.€43)

The 42' Bogie flat will also be available as a separate unit (c.€28)

Awesome as in streets ahead of any other Irish freight wagon kit available at present.

Must concur. Have pawed the 42' flat, and it is stunning. So detailed, yet so simple in its construction, and weighted perfectly, not to mention decent S&M bogies. Definitely raises sets a new standard.

sounds too good to be true! must investigate more...

Nope, all true, Richie has it bank to rights (thanking you sir).

I specifically designed the 42' NOT take 30 hours to construct. All it is is a top with foldable buffer beam ends, foldable spine and foldable bogie sides. That provides 90% of the model. All the rest is just essentially detailing and it's designed to be glueable (or solderable if you so wish).

You will also be able to build the original flat solebar version and the later curved solebar

I was one happy bunny when the test version came together just as I had envisaged, and has allowed me to tweak and correct a few minor bugs.

I'm glad that the updated site has whetted your appetites! I'd been meaning to edit it for a long time.

Must concur. Have pawed the 42' flat, and it is stunning. So detailed, yet so simple in its construction, and weighted perfectly, not to mention decent S&M bogies. Definitely raises sets a new standard.

The 42' flat is a much needed model. If it's as good as you say, it's going to be a great seller! :tumbsup:

Nope, all true, Richie has it bank to rights (thanking you sir).

I specifically designed the 42' NOT take 30 hours to construct. All it is is a top with foldable buffer beam ends, foldable spine and foldable bogie sides. That provides 90% of the model. All the rest is just essentially detailing and it's designed to be glueable (or solderable if you so wish).

Well done Des:tumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm nearly there in terms of laying down the final design and dclosing this project out.

However, training for a charity cycle from Ennis to Dublin on Paddy's day has been eating significantly into my time for the last 12 weeks.

Cough! All contributions welcome to help the under 10's Clarecastle GAA would be very welcome. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

See the Ammonia Thread for more detail but suffice to say:

The Ammonia Tanker /wagon kit/model design has now been finalised and sent off for production, pending final adjustments.

There have been siginificant redesign to get the tanker element right and add in some other ancilliary detail on the side skirts and underframes.

All going well, it will be available in 6 weeks time, end of January 2015.