Anything can happen when you are good!

Rate this topic

heirflick

for being a really good boy this year...xmas came early!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10604[/ATTACH]

i hope there will more. mmmmm....... might give the mother-in-law her yearly bath wheather she needs it or not - its sure to get me brownie points with my wife[ATTACH=CONFIG]10605[/ATTACH]

Great Christmas present heirflick fair play to you. I may settle for a few Hornby figures and a few hedges! Have managed to scrape the modest amount for one of Westy's wickams so something for under the tree.

The Piko Vossloh arrived in the post today...

...The detailing is basic compared to a lot of other models, but it's DCC Ready and cost €70 + P&P. :).....

During the oul East German days, Piko was known for being value-for-money. I was given a lend of a friend's Deutsche Reichsbahn "Reko" 03 Pacific back then, and was quite amazed to find that almost all of its valve gear (fully-working, by the way) was plastic, not metal. Even the coupling rods were plastic. It was still a fine model for the price.

• 1 month later...

Mother in Law is in my good books, bought me a boxed set of 4 Irish Steamrailway dvd"s lots of steam action from the 1950 to end of steam on NIR. Good shots in colour of freight stock, answered a few questions for me! But what surprised me although, I dont know why is the composition of freight trains. Mainly box vans and hardly an open or coal wagon in sight. And the length of the trains, those GN UG 0-6-0"s must have been mighty strong engines!!

I also found this website http://www.ottgallery.com ages ago amd thought you guys might enjoy. I"m not sure if he is an inspiratiion or a reason to take up gardening!