Colas Class 70

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Fran I agree it doesn't look as garish as the Freightliner 70 does. They aren't going to win any beauty contests as you say but they seem to be doing exactly what is says on the tin. I'd say Bachmann are pleased. I wonder have they any in the wings as we speak as a display non production version.

Rich,

Fran I agree it doesn't look as garish as the Freightliner 70 does. They aren't going to win any beauty contests as you say but they seem to be doing exactly what is says on the tin. I'd say Bachmann are pleased. I wonder have they any in the wings as we speak as a display non production version.

Rich,

They'll have to make some changes Rich, the cabs are now flush without rivets on them and these new ones have developed a big pimple on each side. A new fan to stop them bursting into flames I'd wager.

The do make a nice noise though!

From the photo it looks like the class 70 is barely as tall as the ES44 hauling even when on the wagon! I think that livery looks a lot worse than the Freightliner one actually

Pedant mode; That's either a Dash 8 or most likely a Dash 9. You know you're sad when you can tell the difference between US GEs.

The loco itself looks awful no matter what colour you paint it. The Bachmann model of it is a beauty though.

No shame telling the difference, they're cool locos! I agree, I saw a class 70 in the modelshopbelfast, and it looked great. If British outline was my thing, I'd simply have to acquire one! While on the subject of US GEs, have you any experience of the athearn ac4400, as model junction seem to be getting them in, and Christmas money is just around the corner :)

Sorry for off topic

No shame telling the difference, they're cool locos! I agree, I saw a class 70 in the modelshopbelfast, and it looked great. If British outline was my thing, I'd simply have to acquire one! While on the subject of US GEs, have you any experience of the athearn ac4400, as model junction seem to be getting them in, and Christmas money is just around the corner :)

Sorry for off topic

I dont to be honest as I stocked up on a couple of Kato ones. I do have an old one somewhere that I picked up cheap to turn into a DPU but I know Athearn have made improvements since then. They look good but dont expect it to be Genesis quality.

The 70s may be bizarre, but those 8 axle flat cars are the business! I wonder if anyone makes models of them?

When will the the colas 70s arrive in the UK?

I have a Walthers one that looks similar but not quite as beefy. I plan tying up a wrecked Athearn SW1500 body I have going spare to it. http://www.ovrtrains.com/Walthers-Platinum-Line-Rolling-Stock-66-Heavy-Duty-4-Truck-Flatcar-Union-Pacific-50032.html

70s due early January.

• 5 months later...