What did y'all get?

Rate this topic

UP6936

Nice pressies there boys, Kirley, that cap is pure class. Wrenner, your little one's smile could be bottled, fab! Shem, hang in there boss! Glenderg, hope they're treating you well!

Santa came early to me, with a garden scale B4. An animal. A long term project will be to consider a modularised steam unit with RC (you can thank Glenderg for guiding me towards that inspiration). A man can dream.

b4.JPG

Edited by Weshty

Santa came early to me, with a garden scale B4. An animal. A long term project will be to consider a modularised steam unit with RC (you can thank Glenderg for guiding me towards that inspiration). A man can dream.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11090[/ATTACH]

love to see her running!....ya lucky git:)

Emery boards, new workshop files [old ones full of solder], which shows the missus did read my wish list.

However, also got a the Classic Commercials kit of a 1939 Austin van in 7mm scale. She gave me this too - though in actuality I'd bought it myself at the Reading Trade Show. However, if you tastes are as specific as mine, it pays to be careful!

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's after Twelfth Night, but thought I'd really wind you up with my pressies!

Like John, I got the thick socks - same reason!

Then (bought by me, but paid for by them!)

a 5 BEL set (rich elder son)

a 4 VEP (very forgiving wife)

I bought my grandson a 2EPB.

WHY? Half price at the London Transport Museum in October, when I was there selling for the 171 Appeal. The sun shines on .......

Sooo, a Southern electric layout is being built in the parts of the loft where the GNR can't reach!

Talking of the GN, I eventually got a complete circuit down on Christmas Eve and ran No.207 (BLUE built 1947, NOT the other thing!), a L12 brake/3rd, two M1 vans and a M2 van, with one of my own 9ton vans on a Christmas mail relief!

After Christmas, I linked up the Digital controller for the first time and ran No.53 round - complete with sound chip - better than xxx - well almost - serious chuffage, clanks, shovelling sounds, squealing brakes. It was planned to amuse said grandson, but it amuses his Grandpa even more!

By the way, Dunluce, your Lankie Tank looks just lovely - I wonder how close the chassis is to a Class JT?

Happy New Year all

Leslie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11118[/ATTACH] arrived today maroon hunslet looks great with class 80 and blue one

Hey, Train Model, why NIR when you're in MGWR territory? I must say the traffic jam in the photo looks as bad as Galway traffic always is when I visit!

I see you've got one of Seamus' CAFs, or did you do it yourself?

Hey, Train Model, why NIR when you're in MGWR territory? I must say the traffic jam in the photo looks as bad as Galway traffic always is when I visit!

I see you've got one of Seamus' CAFs, or did you do it yourself?

Hi Leslie ya if you look back over a year ago I put a post up looking for a class 80 and I am now the proud owner of one so the best way to show it off is to do an nir scene and don't forget I did get all those SLNCR wagons in Enniskillen a few years ago and the seller didn't mind them going to Galway all the best michael