Sign in to follow this  
GSI345

Dublin bus ev class

Nice. I'm still unsure if I like the Enviro 400s or not. They're not bad but I do prefer the Wright option :)

I can't understand the enormous handrails on the top front corners of those things....

Neither could I. Then somebody told me that they are in fact to protect the corners from being hit by overhanging branches, not for giants to hang on to!

:doh:

Neither could I. Then somebody told me that they are in fact to protect the corners from being hit by overhanging branches, not for giants to hang on to!

:doh:

Correct, more Dublin Buses could do with them. I see the newest deckers are getting branch defenders. About time.

Well VT9 is Trialing them since October 2013 so perhaps it be rolled out over the whole fleet this year?

What's wrong with the old method of cutting back the branches?

they tend to grow back? :P

I dont see the problem with having both, the defenders as a 'last resort' as going by the number of damaged roof domes to be seen on the Dublin Bus fleet the tree choppers can't always keep up .

Are you sure the damaged roof domes are only being caused by trees?

Are you sure they're not being caused by trees? Either way the defenders will help limit damage going forward.