Freight times in kildare

Rate this question

heirflick

Question

14 answers to this question

landed in cherryville at 1330 and a rake of pocket wagons just got passed me . took a few shots of train movements and wondered why the pockets didnt return. headed into kildare to find the pockets parked on the middle line with no loco. then 075 came in from the portlaoise side and positioned herself in front of the wagons, but didnt couple up. a few minutes later 079 arrived from dublin, had a quick chat with 075. 075 headed on to dublin while 079 went on to couple up and head on with the wagons to their destination. anyone know what the full story was? great bit of action in a short time....would have stayed longer but 'she who must be obeyed' recalled me to base to get the kids dinner....:( will post pics and vid clips in the photo section. heres one of many...

TRAIN PICS 041.jpg

landed in cherryville at 1330 and a rake of pocket wagons just got passed me . took a few shots of train movements and wondered why the pockets didnt return. headed into kildare to find the pockets parked on the middle line with no loco. then 075 came in from the portlaoise side and positioned herself in front of the wagons, but didnt couple up. a few minutes later 079 arrived from dublin, had a quick chat with 075. 075 headed on to dublin while 079 went on to couple up and head on with the wagons to their destination. anyone know what the full story was? great bit of action in a short time....would have stayed longer but 'she who must be obeyed' recalled me to base to get the kids dinner....:( will post pics and vid clips in the photo section. heres one of many...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11645[/ATTACH]

075 failed shortly after arrival at Kildare while working the Waterford-Ballina DFDS liner,

It was replaced by 079 which had operated light engine from Inchicore.