New Silver Fox Models

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The buffers on the SF locos are completely wrong and with the cab shape they look nothing like the prototype. Silver Fox do produce some very passable BR models so they can do better.

Rich,

The do Rich, have a 71 waiting to be made and it really looks well. A bit different when it comes to the Irish side of things locowise.

The buffers on the SF locos are completely wrong and with the cab shape they look nothing like the prototype. Silver Fox do produce some very passable BR models so they can do better.

Some being the key word here... Good enough for some people but not good enough for me!

The do Rich, have a 71 waiting to be made and it really looks well. A bit different when it comes to the Irish side of things locowise.

Id say if RTR components are used in making the master mould it helps. I recall their model of D0260 'Lion', you could clearly see the lines of the Lima 47 cabs...

Some being the key word here... Good enough for some people but not good enough for me!

Id say if RTR components are used in making the master mould it helps. I recall their model of D0260 'Lion', you could clearly see the lines of the Lima 47 cabs...

Not rate their 71 Ed? I admit the moulded side window is a bit of a pisser (same on the Sulzer btw that I saw in the flesh yesterday) but I'm going to drill that out and use some Terry Chocolate orange box magic. Looks passable to me, although there's a good bit of detail lacking in the bogie dept I will admit. Looks like a 71 to me at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike Edge prepared the master for the DC Kits G Class, I am not sure if the Silver Fox G is basically a rtr version of the DC Kits loco. Going back to the B101s the engine room windows were clear I spent half an hour inside the engine room of 106 sheltering from a downpour during an IRRS visit to Inchacore Works ;) The Birmingham Sulzers had spacious engine rooms there was room for about 10 people around the engine and generator.