Model Rail, Scotland

Rate this topic

Kirley

I attended the Model Rail, Scotland Show in Glasgow. Lots of Layouts and Suppliers there including Marks Models from Dublin.

Here are some photographs , sorry about the quality, the lights did not help plus the volume of people meant they are only "snaps".

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

Peco had a large display stand and the above picture shows wiring for electrofrog points their way.

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

I saw a 3D printer in action. At the bottom left of the picture you can see some train like shapes with the last one in a painted condition. The Guy told me it took a lot of time getting to that stage having to cut out the window recesses and an awful lot of sanding. The end result still left room for improvement and the plastic was quite thick. Obviously the way ahead but still a long way to go.

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

This fine Water Tower was scratch built by a member of West Scotland 4mm group of an actual building. The tanks were made of Steradent metal tubes with cut down rubber balls and thumb tacks at the end. A fantastic piece of work.

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

It was a long day but I travelled with the 1st Bangor Modelling Club coach crossing on the Carnryan Ferry. Expensive but only because there were so many tempting things. I did make use of the opportunity to get paints and other items that are now very expensive to get via the post.

Nice pics Kieran,there were some great layouts on show.The show was too busy,4 and 5 deep in places,which meant I did not enjoy it as much as in previous years.It is the largest show in Scotland,but I would say the Perth show in June is the best show in the Scottish circuit.Would have met up and said hello if I knew you were over,maybe next time.

I also travelled with the first Bangor MRC and it was a pleasure to meet you Kieran and many others on the trip, the layouts were superb and the variety of shops was brilliant, I came home with a J11, several wagon kits and many other smaller things, all in all it was a brilliant show, thank you to everyone who made it happen.

Great pics, I only managed to take one my self :D