Dún Laoghaire Exhibition

Rate this topic

josefstadt

Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Was the "An idyllic single line country scene running different stock from the 50's/60's period." Ballyheady? or is that a different one. I'd like to save the photos, but I'll never find them again without a name I can remember :confused: Even then I'll probably lose them =))

I was there on Sunday and I enjoyed it a lot. My kids will be chuffed the Lego won best layout, as they hijacked my voting slips!

Had a good look at the 071s and have to say they look savage. I really only want one in Supertrain livery, so there's my Christmas ruined!

Wrenn was the only face I know there. And since he was relaxing at the front desk having being made MC I took it upon meself to torment him for a few minutes....

A project coming to fruition

A lot more work to be done but a really good looking model all the same

P1030207.jpg

P1030203.jpg

P1030202.jpg

These DARTs have just popped up out of nowhere!! Work to be done alright but they look like they could turn out to be something really good!!

The DART is a train that's been missing from Irish modelling circles so I'd be fantastic to finally have one!!

Wonder what the price is going to be!! :banana:

• 1 month later...

Hi, ecmtrains hope to be at the October show with two new DART models- CIE livery and the Guinness Add livery. In trying to secure parts to manufacture I left the booking of space to late! so not sure I'll be there. These new trains will have Blackbeetle and Tenshodo motors and fully revised bogie system- brass fabricated bogies with cast plastic replica DART bogie sides.

See Model Rail next issue- should be a News Review of the DART

These DARTs have just popped up out of nowhere!! Work to be done alright but they look like they could turn out to be something really good!!

The DART is a train that's been missing from Irish modelling circles so I'd be fantastic to finally have one!!

Wonder what the price is going to be!! :banana:

If that's for 4mm scale, then hopefully they can be re-wheeled for 21mm gauge..... ;)

If that's for 4mm scale, then hopefully they can be re-wheeled for 21mm gauge..... ;)

Yes the train is 4mm scale

21mm gauge! I think the bogies would have to be changed to fit this. And the bogie sides may have to be thinned down, they may stick out to far from the body. If you can send me a photo of a 21mm bogie with a oo bogie beside I could have a look

murrayec