29000 New Livery

Rate this topic

Eurostar and TGV the two fastest trains in Europe don't have coloured doors! Neither do Belmond luxury trains, so I suspect nor will the Hibernian express. Or is it the typical Irish state thing to lift the EU carpet in search of as many daft regulations hidden underneath we could comply with to be 'good Europeans'. Doors on passenger jets aren't either. Another example of H&S PCness gone mad. The French have the strenght to ignore daft EU regs.

Belmond luxury train doors are brown where the bodysides are cream. The doors need to contrast a different colour from what's around the windows.

I don't mind the door colour thing as much as the yellow face fad that started around the end of 2005 and no seems to have ended. At the time I think it was a UK thing rather than the EU safety requirement.

Can't say I liked the yellow face on the freight 071s and especially the orange 201s. One of the Enterprise DVTs even ended up with an all yellow face for a short while until the new 2008 livery, awful looking. It was like a per way unit.

Edited by Railer

True - I rather like the Day-Glo panel hi-vis of the previous era - effective and stylish.

Yeah and after all that yellow face lark, the 2008 Enterprise livery comes out and 8208 having more black up front than any 201 before and a small yellow panel.

The battleship grey 071s now feature a NIR 111 style yellow panels. That looks far better. All the yellow for nothing than a knee jerk reaction.

Even during daylight the main headlights or LED marker lights are far more visible from any distance than an all yellow end.

My apologies - it was my original photo, and my abuse with photoshop. I forgot to calibrate my central monitor recently, so it's not as "tan" as originally hoped.

I often wonder why marketing and branding gurus don't spend some time/money on messing around in photoshop before committing to painting real stock.

There are derogations in place regarding the colour of the doors. Something along the lines of if it isn't in normal revenue service or only used for a charter service. Hence why charter stock doesn't have to have it. The NYMR in the UK operates maroon Mark 1's onto the National Network to Whitby but don't have the contrasting doors.

Anyway, I've heard a reason why the yellow on 8209 is in that shape - the painters got fustrated with the designers and just painted it. The new 29000 livery has taken a bit of getting used to but will look good when kept clean. Still prefer the original colours for them though