RPSI Saint Canice Railtour

Rate this topic

The tour is not experiencing the best of starts, it seems. I just heard 85 has been declared a failure after running a hot bearing, and apparently it's a job which could take up to 48 hours to repair.

Fingers crossed she can still play a role...

The tour is not experiencing the best of starts, it seems. I just heard 85 has been declared a failure after running a hot bearing, and apparently it's a job which could take up to 48 hours to repair.

Fingers crossed she can still play a role...

Pat, keep us posted please

Pat, keep us posted please

As much as I can for a fella who isn't on the tour! :P

I see it's all over Facebook now anyway, and I'm sure JHB will along with further details if he hasn't locked himself into the diner with a keg... :)

Edited by Garfield

What time was the mk3 set running? I was in Laytown station and must have just missed it :( Are there any more sets moving in the future that you know of. Would love to get a final video of MK3s.

Around midday I think but can't say for sure. I have no idea if any more runs are planned, just saw it all over facebook earlier. Would be nice to see another run after missing this one!

More Mk3s are likely to be moved over the next 2 weeks. That's as much information as I know so far. Hopefully word will get out before they run the next time. Either that or its time to go camping next to the line for a month or so ;) I will keep an eye out on the Irish Railways Past and Present group on Facebook. I will post here with more information soon.

A worker in North Wall told a friend of mine they would be moving the mk3s up north a while back and that some mk3s would remain in North Wall for the Orient Express who want to have some operations over here in the future.

Someone was winding up your friend... VSOE don't have any plans to operate here. ;)

A worker in North Wall told a friend of mine they would be moving the mk3s up north a while back and that some mk3s would remain in North Wall for the Orient Express who want to have some operations over here in the future.

Don't say the name here! have a look over the wall in north wall and see what's on the bogies of 7170 on its own and others.

getting ready here to head for dublin early

to join the dublin -galway tour, could a 201 be

called in?? was hoping for 082...:rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint but I think 082 is on the steel train tomorrow. It rattled a few foundations when it worked the steel train last week so it's a shame it's not on the tour.

an update on todays tour, 082 passed through Athlone light engine at

09 52 and went to Galway as back up, 074 took the tour to Galway in fine style,

082 the left light engine from Galway at aprox 14.05, 074 was if great form! :cheers:

looks like 074 wasnt the only one in good form!!:rolleyes:

I hear the mk3s are being moved from Dundalk to Adelaide tomorrow at 7am. Don't quote me though.

This move has been called off, will likely be rescheduled. I believe it is due to lack of staff with the RPSI jaunt going on this week