Sign in to follow this  
heirflick

useless bit of info of the day!

the new spoll containers were produced in ireland by Loughryan engineering in tipperary. a total of 50 were ordered, so a total of 25 wagons are out there!

Irish_rail_Container_1.jpg

Irish_rail_Container.jpg

Irish_rail_Container_1.jpg

Irish_rail_Container.jpg

I think the first pic would make a great model for the layout

Couple of Clam or Rudd wagons on the back of a trailer

Bachmann have a PNA type wagon due for release soon ab=nd it might make a good doner although I am not sure what length it is

is this the one wrenn?

[video=youtube;le1lL3MH6-A]

would need a bit of work, but doable... as you say if only we knew the length!

They are 20' long on 40' ft flats, according to an IRRS Journal, shouldn't be that hard to rustle up a drawing for scratchbuilding. Anymore daycent photos about?

Here's a sketch of what the spoil containers *should* be in 00, based on photos [thx to CSalem of this parish] and redrawn 42' 9" bogie flat. Not sure if the 32.7mm width ties in with the MIR version, but it can be squashed easily. I might have a go at this meself tomorrow to see what the easiest styrene sections are.:confused: and will report back.

Spoil_Container.pdf

Richie.

Here's a sketch of what the spoil containers *should* be in 00, based on photos [thx to CSalem of this parish] and redrawn 42' 9" bogie flat. Not sure if the 32.7mm width ties in with the MIR version, but it can be squashed easily. I might have a go at this meself tomorrow to see what the easiest styrene sections are.:confused: and will report back.

Spoil_Container.pdf

Richie.

Should be a simple master to produce resin castings http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/52075-scratch-built-yeoman-arc-bsc-pta-tipplers/

John

How much are they Tom?

The cost of these wagons Ready to run is 60 euros.

as a matter of information, I hope to release a Kit very soon for the Vertical Door Irish Cement wagon all going to plan, keep an eye on my forum section !

It will be our first kit release, with possibly more to follow !

regards

Tom

Nice one Tom!

Any photos?

Would love to see a gallery of all your available stock with pricing, details etc on the forum :)