Rachelstown and St Stephens Green

Rate this topic

Hi all I'm currently building a new layout and thought the progress may be of interest to forum members, I've tried to attach pictures of the progress (hopefully it has worked) to show its current stage.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13861[/ATTACH]

Hi Guys Thanks for the comments and encouragement.

Burnthebox, I seen a plan of an irish layout many years ago and have loosely based it on part of that, which is the station area "Rachelstown" and in control of IE network side. Double oval track with a small branch line, both lead to the sidings which is "St Stephens Green" This is the NIR controlled side, housing an oil depot, cement works and various other railway business. I'm currently puting together the control panel, (DC) track is controlled by DPDT switches incorperating the "cab control" method, using three controllers, 2 for mainline running and the third shunting and turntable. point control is by electiic pencil. All lights and 2/3 aspect signals will also be connected.

A large mix of traffic from CIE to IE and GNR/UTA/NCC to current translink/NIR will be run as the mood chooses.

Pictures of the panel will follow shortly

Thanks again to all,

The Derry Road

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks sorry for the late reply, real work has to come first. Attached is a few pictures of the control panel, just have to connect it all together. Being wired for cab control I'm considering fitting a switch to convert to DCC at a later date if I choose. Currently will have to make do with what I have.

33dyxr6.jpg

j64l8l.jpg

ayvya0.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
i pasted them onto thin strips of hardboard then screwed the boards into position on the sides of the baseboards - no wrinkling there!

And, with hardboard, it's fairly easy to curve the corners, which results in a much nicer impression of reality - no 'corners in the sky'..

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All, I've Just finished putting a 3mm hardboard backscene former around the whole layout 12inches high/10 in some places,:dig: and have pasted on the gaugemaster backscenes to it, fingers crossed there are no wrinkles so far. So i will check it again tomorrow and take some pictures of the result. Thanks to Heirflick and broithe for their earlier advice on this method.

The Derry Road

Edited by The Derry Road

• 1 month later...