Rachelstown and St Stephens Green

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I always had this idea of doing a UTA / early NIR layout if a RTR AEC set ever appears; and on one side of the railway I would have a gable wall covered in hardcore republican graffiti, and on the other something covered in hardcore loyalist graffiti! All the clichés in one...... RUC vans, young lads with petrol bombs, British army jeeps, the works.......while a 2.6.4T (real!) Jeep made its way past with a ballast train, and an AEC set pottered through in the other direction on the 11:15 to Londonportadown.....

Ya sounds like a good plan 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I always had this idea of doing a UTA / early NIR layout if a RTR AEC set ever appears; and on one side of the railway I would have a gable wall covered in hardcore republican graffiti, and on the other something covered in hardcore loyalist graffiti! All the clichés in one...... RUC vans, young lads with petrol bombs, British army jeeps, the works.......while a 2.6.4T (real!) Jeep made its way past with a ballast train, and an AEC set pottered through in the other direction on the 11:15 to Londonportadown.....

You could have a newsagent selling the "Portadown News" 😂

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, Horsetan said:

You could have a newsagent selling the "Portadown News" 😂

I was brought up in the little village of Gilford, half way between Portadown and Banbridge. If the newsagent was selling 'The Portadown News' they would also have to sell 'The Portadown Times' , 'The Banbridge Chronicle' and 'The Lurgan Mail'.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
53 minutes ago, The Derry Road said:

Hi everyone, just a quick update on the layout. I have been putting this on the back burner for a while and finally picked up the nerve to give it a go, having watched several videos, this is the results so far. There is still lots to do to the river and the waterfalls to achieve the finish i'm after. The pictures show the last  two days attempts thus far. Enjoy

TDR

wf1.jpg

wf2.jpg

wf3.jpg

wf4.jpg

wf5.jpg

OMG - Or as Miley Byrne might say 'well holy God'. Sublime scenic effects and clever use of spatial effects. Torc waterfall eat your heart out. Stunning. It looks so real it could be 1:1 scale.

• Like 1