DART Anniversary.

Rate this topic

Stephen,

Have you been standing on that station for thirty years waiting for that set to return? Your lunch will be cold by now if that is the case. Home now, immediately. Otherwise I'll send the Aunt's ghost down the road to chase you home.

Great to see your posts,

Regards,

David.

Stephen,

Have you been standing on that station for thirty years waiting for that set to return? Your lunch will be cold by now if that is the case. Home now, immediately. Otherwise I'll send the Aunt's ghost down the road to chase you home.

Great to see your posts,

Regards,

David.

Thanks David. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it! Blink and you'll miss 8106. Not the aunts ghost!!! I'm on my way running down the road!

Great to see your posts too. Keep up the good work with 'Old Blarney'.

Stephen

seriously though lads - did the units give any major problems during their 30 years of operation?

found this on Wiki...

'8110/8310 and 8136/8336 were withdrawn after suffering serious damage in a fire at Fairview depot in July 2001. All of the remaining units returned to service in 2007 and 2008 following refurbishment by Siemens'

.....can anyone throw any light on this?