BR MK1 Weedspray Coach Overlay Kit

Rate this topic

Glenderg

Weedspray_Coach.jpg

Gents,

I'm trying to establish what, if any, level of interest there is for this kit. As it's my first commercial kit release, the instructions are still in development, but will be complete by the weekend. Instructions are full colour and will be only available for download. Please ask if you require a printed copy.

This is a machine cut kit and all parts have the openings removed and detail parts in their own separate bags.

Kit includes:

0.25mm Styrene Overlay Sides and Ends, all with pre-drilled holes for accuracy.

Rivetted Roof Panels

Irish Pattern Buffer Overlays

0.35mm Handrail Wire

Underframe Fuel Boxes.

CCTV Cameras.

Undecorated AzyGlaze™ Windows and spares.

Solebar Steps

Studio Scale Models Decals

Patience and Paint to be supplied by the buyer. :P

Price is €24.95, which includes postage within the island of Ireland - €25.95 for mainland UK. All other destinations on application.

A BR MK1 (BSK preferrable) donor coach is required, and appropriate B5 bogies can be sourced elsewhere. PM me or leave a message here if interested.

To those who do not model, I also provide a RTR version of the above for €72.

Thank you for looking.

Richie.

• Like 2

There are a million words that could sum that up Richie, mine is quality. Knowing your work ethic and the effort you put in to produce these models the rtr version is a bargain. I will invest in a kit to support you, I won't be disappointed.

Rich,

Lads,

I find it difficult to put into words how thrilled I am with the response. I was brickin myself this morning at the thought of putting it up there, but I'm glad so many are willing to give it a go, in both Kit and rtr form. Richie.

Hi Glenderg, let me add my voice and praise the amazing piece of work above! Unfortuately it's not the era I'm modeling but I wish you every success, as hopefully it leads to more kits and choice! Well done! (I am in the market for its Bredin based predecessor, if that's something you want to talk to me about?!?)

Dave182 - yeah, I have the etches made up and the donor butchered. The etches are for 628a in it's final state, just prior to the cutting torch, so every additional panel and rust covering is taken in to account, solebar pipework and all. It should be ready for consumption at the weekend to keep the Per Way Kommandant happy. At this stage Dave I'm not fully convinced that it's kit"able" in the same way as it's older brother - it involves a "cooked" roof and other madness - but it can be done. She's the right fat and the right long, but the roof needs "bredinized". I will keep you informed :D

Spence - cheers indeed, and welcome aboard!

Richie

Thanks Glenderg. If the Kommandant is agreeable, will you send me on some images to drool over! He knows that I also share a fetish for all things yellow!

This has been an epic campaign to get a suitable donor and get her built, so I'll be showing is up here - including all the experiments and failures! Mad per way nut myself, but you two may as well get dressed up for the occasion :P

Heirflick.JPG

Weedkillin time....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Order placed early August 2014 for this model. Payment of €78 made through Paypal on 28/08/14. Was told I would have model in a week or two.

End of Sept 2014 - model still not received. Query made. Was told would have it in a week or two.

End of Oct 2014 - model still not received. Query made. Was told would have it in a week or two.

End of Nov 2014 - model still not received. Query made. Was told would have it in a week or two.

End of Jan 2015 - got fed up with waiting and broken promises, so asked for refund.

13/02/15 - still waiting on refund.

Looks like I am outside the time limit for Paypal to deal with the matter of no refund forthcoming. It was previously 45 days but now increased to 180 days. However, on the date of the transaction, 28/08/14, Paypal hadn't introduced the 180 day limit for disputing payments for Irish customers. Luckily, the payment was made off my Visa Debit, where you can dispute transactions for up to 180 days, so I will be filing the dispute with the bank on Monday morning. If that doesn't work, it will be one for the Small Claims Court to sort out.

As an aside, can someone provide me with a registered business address and VAT No. for Glenderg Models?

Looks like I am outside the time limit for Paypal to deal with the matter of no refund forthcoming. It was previously 45 days but now increased to 180 days. However, on the date of the transaction, 28/08/14, Paypal hadn't introduced the 180 day limit for disputing payments for Irish customers. Luckily, the payment was made off my Visa Debit, where you can dispute transactions for up to 180 days, so I will be filing the dispute with the bank on Monday morning. If that doesn't work, it will be one for the Small Claims Court to sort out.

As an aside, can someone provide me with a registered business address and VAT No. for Glenderg Models?

Why don't you PM Richie directly about this? I'm sure that this can be resolved easily which would be in everyone's best interest:)

If it is resolved happily please post back on here also

I did mail each month querying status of the coach, as per my earlier post, and I have all of the mails, and the responses to prove it. I have given up on that avenue at this stage.

I need the registered business address as any claim with the Small Claims Court needs to be lodged in the district where the business is located. I will contact the CRO and Revenue on Monday to see if they can assist with the address, if no one on IRM can provide it.

Edited by iarnrod

While I'm not a Mod I am an active member of this site and I don't like to see threads like this being played out, where there is a dispute or misunderstanding between members. Can I point out the following from the forum rules:

[12] IrishRailwayModeller.com is not responsible for member-to-member transactions resulting from contact made through these forums (e.g. 'For Sale or Wanted' and 'Swapmeet').

I would encourage the two members to try to make contact with each other and resolve the issue. I would ask the mods to lock this thread. As it was brought up above, small traders do not need to be registered for VAT, or if goods are being traded as a hobby/past-time then the supplier is generally exempt from VAT and so on. Of course the rules and regulations around sale of goods will still apply.

• 1 year later...
While I'm not a Mod I am an active member of this site and I don't like to see threads like this being played out, where there is a dispute or misunderstanding between members. Can I point out the following from the forum rules:

[12] IrishRailwayModeller.com is not responsible for member-to-member transactions resulting from contact made through these forums (e.g. 'For Sale or Wanted' and 'Swapmeet').

While it is not the responsibility of the site where events like this occur , I feel that if a member is using the site to promote his goods, problems such as Iarnrod's should be shown and I would ask anyone else who has problems with the service provided by Glenderg Models to post here and let us know what happened them.

I am also having long lasting problems with this individual and although they would appear to be worse than the problem listed by Iarnrod, I do not want to go into the nitty gritty at this point. Suffice to say there will be no Christmas Card winging its way to Summerhill this year.

While it is not the responsibility of the site where events like this occur , I feel that if a member is using the site to promote his goods, problems such as Iarnrod's should be shown and I would ask anyone else who has problems with the service provided by Glenderg Models to post here and let us know what happened them.

I am also having long lasting problems with this individual and although they would appear to be worse than the problem listed by Iarnrod, I do not want to go into the nitty gritty at this point. Suffice to say there will be no Christmas Card winging its way to Summerhill this year.

I don't normally wash my dirty laundry in public,but I have been waiting on a build for 2 1/2 years with many reasons and broken promises made in that time. This year alone I was promised delivery of the build to the Glasgow show in Feb,with a member of the MRSI bringing it with them and when this did not happen I was then promised delivery to the Bangor show,via yourself Mr Wrenneire,which of course you knew nothing about. Finally the parts were parcelled and ready to be posted last month,again...

Not the first time he used that stunt on me Hunslet, also reckon I know now why he never turned up at a Stillorgan show where he had booked a table to show his wares

Certainly not the way to do things,especially when you are a seller at the shows,it could have an impact on your own sales and reputation. Personally, it has left me disillusioned,so much so that with his involvement with the other site members doing the RTR freight wagons,who I know are not responsible for his individual transactions, I have held off from investing,once bitten,twice shy.

Well since the pair of yee are having a go at me, and my connection with IRM, let me explain - I do not deal with the sales, marketing or invoicing. I have done all the technical and design issues to make sure the enthusiast gets quality equivalent, or better to that expected from Murphy, Bachmann and so on.

That is complete, so you can park any jibes on that front. If they arrive as poor models, I'll accept your criticism then but not now. I've invested 100's of hours into them for zero personal benefit.

I'll reply to you both separately by email in relation to your other issues above, but my lack of time to complete models because of ill-health, a small child, running an office (and on and on) has no impact on a manufacturer in China.

Richard.

Certainly not the way to do things' date='especially when you are a seller at the shows,it could have an impact on your own sales and reputation. Personally, it has left me disillusioned,so much so that with his involvement with the other site members doing the RTR freight wagons,who I know are not responsible for his individual transactions, I have held off from investing,once bitten,twice shy.[/quote'] Hi Hunslet, do you really think it is fair to drag Irish Railway Models into this? We have been completely honest and open and it is a completely different entity to the one being discussed here. I think in fairness and honesty that Irish Railway Models should be left out of this discussion as it does not concern us. Cheers.
Edited by Warbonnet