Ulster MRC 2-day show at Carrickfergus.

Rate this topic

tourneo123321

Had a nice afternoon at this show today,meeting up with guys from the site for the first time ever,namely Kirley and River Roe,great to put faces to names.Great to see Killagan layout in the flesh and meet it's builder Colm and also Nelson from the site with his layout Durham.A new layout featuring Lisburn station,still at the build stage,looks like it will be a promising layout once complete.Sorry no pics as the rest of the family took the camera to the nearby castle,giving me my few hours of freedom!.A nice round off to my holiday at home.

A disappointing low attendance at the Carrickfergus Show yesterday.

Killagan is always great to see with Colm, Ian & Ken running their unique rolling stock collection. UMRC had promised to show their new Lisburn layout. This turned out to be their current Exhibition layout in the process of being adapted to Lisburn. It's still in the very early stages but there was a beautiful handmade replica of the long footbridge along with the Station Master house.

Nelson and family were showing their NE layout with its excellent scenic quality.

The day was really made by the opportunity to meet up with many faces from the site. River Roe, Hunslet, on holidays from Glasgow, Jack_Duboyne who had his 3 week old layout layout on show as well as the usual fantastic trees and laser cut buildings which can be custom made. Wrenneire was looking lost amongst Chris Dyers huge range of models and no customers.

Hopefully Steventrain will be putting up some pictures shortly.

Overall a very enjoyable day out.