JM Design Coach Sides & TPO kit

Rate this topic

Mayner

The test etches for the 4w TPO kit & Buffet Car sides arrived last week.

Some minor modifications required to the TPO tooling otherwise everything looks good.

DSCF2194.JPG

TPO with alternative sides for engineers tool van.

DSCF2193.JPG

Buffet Car Sides

DSCF2209.JPG

DSCF2211.JPG

DSCF2212.JPG

Dapol Stanier CIE Buffet Conversion

DSCF2197.JPG

Side Corridor Standard Mock-up.

The Buffet Car and Side Corridor Standard sides should be available October. The first batch of TPO kits November.

If there is enough interest I will produce an interior kit for the buffet complete with bar counter and tables and chairs.

Super work John, I will certainly be ordering the Tpo and the sides for Buffet car , it would be great if you could do the interior for the Buffet car.[ATTACH=CONFIG]14684[/ATTACH]

Brilliant find:

Quite stylish almost a cocktail bar.

I am definitely tempted to do an interior, probably nickel silver. Miller Engineering pushed the boundaries with this sort of thing in Z & N http://jamesriverbranch.net/project_7a.htm

Iarnrod

Four Buffet Cars seem to have lasted in service into 1987 most likely for Connolly-Sligo & Rosslare Trains.

Most of the wooden bodied stock were withdrawn in the early 80s, several of the side corridor standards passed into preservation 1st with the GSRPS in Mallow & Tralee, some were overhauled & repainted in lined green with flying snail at Tralee and were eventually used by Westrail between Tuam & Athenry.

Thanks John. Any idea when the TPO's operated until?

Also, what was the period that your heating and luggage vans operated in I.e. When were they withdrawn from service?

Many thanks.

Brilliant find:

Quite stylish almost a cocktail bar.

I am definitely tempted to do an interior, probably nickel silver. Miller Engineering pushed the boundaries with this sort of thing in Z & N http://jamesriverbranch.net/project_7a.htm

Iarnrod

Four Buffet Cars seem to have lasted in service into 1987 most likely for Connolly-Sligo & Rosslare Trains.

Most of the wooden bodied stock were withdrawn in the early 80s, several of the side corridor standards passed into preservation 1st with the GSRPS in Mallow & Tralee, some were overhauled & repainted in lined green with flying snail at Tralee and were eventually used by Westrail between Tuam & Athenry.