215 with the new logo

Rate this topic

I believe it is true, not a Photoshop Shem. A few pics of her doing the rounds.

Not a Photoshop, she came out of the paintshop 2 days ago & I passed her in Inchicore Loco shed yesterday. New logo looks well on her I think & current MM locos can be easily converted to the new look.

Must look out for her when she's back on enterprise...

228 got an over haul a few months back. I returned to service around the end of June with new wheel sets and a new fuel tank, you can't tell that now. Strange it didn't get a repaint as it was the first 201 in the IC livery. Was even expecting 228 to come back out looking like 8202 but seeing as the Enterprise livery is getting changed again is why they held off on that.

228 got an over haul a few months back. I returned to service around the end of June with new wheel sets and a new fuel tank, you can't tell that now. Strange it didn't get a repaint as it was the first 201 in the IC livery. Was even expecting 228 to come back out looking like 8202 but seeing as the Enterprise livery is getting changed again is why they held off on that.

Aww, I was hoping she would go into the new(er) livery, oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Noel,

I have a Nikon D90. As for the lens it varies to be honest. The lens I would use most is my Nikkor 18-105mm, f4.5 as they would cover the majority of my photographic needs. But I do have a wide angle lens (great for interior photos) and a telephoto lens as well.

The lens I used for that shot this morning was my 35mm prime lens as the light was too bad for the 18-105 lens. If you click on the "I" (Info) button at bottom right of the picture you can bring up the exif data of that picture. So in the case of 215 it was

Camera NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D90

ISO 1600

Focal Length 35mm (52mm in 35mm)

Aperture f/3.5

Exposure Time 0.0015s (1/640)

Name DSC_3897.JPG

Size 1328 x 2000

Date Taken 2014-09-18 07:46:34

Date Modified 2014-09-18 08:21:43

File Size 2.04 MB

JPEG Quality fine

Flash flash did not fire