MRSI Exhibition

Rate this topic

Kirley

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need the hall for 4 days, also its on the Southside, MRSI being a Northside based club. Dont need confusion with the SDMRC if both shows were to be held on the Southside

Ah, OK. I thought MRSI was an overall model rail association for Ireland. Didn't realise it was a north side club. Do SDMRC run similar exhibitions?

Ah, OK. I thought MRSI was an overall model rail association for Ireland. Didn't realise it was a north side club. Do SDMRC run similar exhibitions?

Yes, they do alternate years. So next year's show will be hosted by the SDMRC and will be on the Southside - recent shows have been in the Booterstown area. Then it will be back to the Northside with the MRSI and so on.

Why do you frequently say you were away for so long and yet weigh in with opinions which are utter crap?

Nothing wrong with Noels interpretation of the MRSI title.

Maybe the MRSI need a Change of Name then to imply that it is not an All Ireland Association if its stuck on the Northside.. MRSNSOD sounds great...Good to see you in form Ed. Noel is rattling you bigo. Go Noel ;)

Good to see that tribalism is alive and well in Ireland. Funnily I haven't heard similar calls for "The Model Railway Club" in London or "The Ulster Model Railway Club" to change their names or calls for a ban on the imperialist NMRA recruiting members outside the US. :dig: The club is similar in a way to the MRC in London one of the oldest in the country with good working relationships with other clubs and members drawn mainly from the greater Dublin area with even a few from the SDMRC Dunlaoire-Rathdown heartland.

Surprising they have managed to maintain those relationships:cheers: Maybe Blaine could be their new public relations officer to foster those:-bd. To be fair, I think that Ed's curtness on a thread about Gatwick gennys just spilled over onto Noel. How do I sign up to join MRSNOD4?:rolleyes:

Edited by DiveController

Woops - Sorry no offence whatsoever was intended.

It was a genuine question. I have indeed been away from the hobby for many years, but before my break I had never been a member of any clubs, so would not have been aware of any names nor what areas they were based in. I had been to a few exhibitions decades ago but just a walk in member of the public. Please let's just chill. Noel

Ps. I really enjoyed the show and the venue, even if space was a little tight at times (ie I visited twice)

Good show if you're into the Brit scene and a few bargains. Gas mask is essential.

Really enjoyed it last year-although a little hungover on the Saturday morning, the tickets for this years event arrived in the post this morning

Yes Fran some people seem to get over excited with a few rear end"blowouts"dropped at various exhibits...😜

I went for the last two years. Some beautiful layouts there. Even taking the track and locos out it, the scenery aspect is incredible. Some good demo and" how to" tables there. Sunday late on is a great day for bargains. Picked up some lovely Dapol N Gauge stuff for a song last year. I'd agree with WarBonnet though. Best bring the gas mask along.... The smell of Damp of some of the onlookers can be a bit over powering. "The White house" in Marsdon green is a lovely place to stay. 10 min from NEC. Lovely little B and B and a cracking breakfast. I have contact details if anyone is interested.

Good to see that tribalism is alive and well in Ireland. Funnily I haven't heard similar calls for "The Model Railway Club" in London or "The Ulster Model Railway Club" to change their names or calls for a ban on the imperialist NMRA recruiting members outside the US. :dig: The club is similar in a way to the MRC in London one of the oldest in the country with good working relationships with other clubs and members drawn mainly from the greater Dublin area with even a few from the SDMRC Dunlaoire-Rathdown heartland.

Thanks John, proves its true about what they say about people from Cork, apart from they are from Cork...... Insults are always better delivered to the face anyway.

I have nothing more to say about this and my opinions are my own and do not represent those that the MRSI may have

Thanks John, proves its true about what they say about people from Cork, apart from they are from Cork...... Insults are always better delivered to the face anyway.

I have nothing more to say about this and my opinions are my own and do not represent those that the MRSI may have

Mod: I've already warned all involved in that little altercation to stop, so I'm left with no option but to issue an infraction.

Any grievances or concerns relating to the disagreement should be conducted via PM with the mod team.

Edited by Garfield