Tramway

Rate this question

wiggy

Question

8 answers to this question

I'm not sure if there is a system wiggy. My little layout is based on the quays in Dublin circa 1970's, and I've had to strip the rails from flexitrack and set the gauge manually and in fill with the gaps with 1.5 mm mounting board. Painful when it comes to points. It looks daycent though.

Richie

Guest hidden-agenda
Wiggy, i use woodland smooth it for all yards and tramways, level crossings etc works great and is very easy and clean to cut when not totally dry. Plasticard also works well but won't be as realistic looking as smooth it.

Could you use the plasticard and then glue a printed paper surface to it?

Wiggy, i use woodland smooth it for all yards and tramways, level crossings etc works great and is very easy and clean to cut when not totally dry. Plasticard also works well but won't be as realistic looking as smooth it.

Thanks Herbie,

Any photo's with that.????

Wiggy.

Had a trawl through the iphone, not the greatest pics but gives you an idea

Using plasticard - one I previously did for a client

Using woodland smooth it - currently mid way through this one, will be back on site in July so will take better shots for you then

mark out the area and track with paving tape

not a great angle but gives you the idea, taken before i painted up the concrete area. As I say ill take more shots of this particular one when im next working on it in July.

photo (2).jpg

photo (1).jpg

plasticard_yard.jpg

photo (2).jpg

photo (1).jpg

plasticard_yard.jpg

Guest hidden-agenda

Gareth did you router out the timber to sink the inspection pits in ? it looks very very tidy and i like the night time pic.