New Murphy Models 201 Classes

Rate this topic

WRENNEIRE

But when are the MkVII CAV 200mp intercity express models going to production. They've been running from Dublin City West central station to Cork since 2025 in under an hour and we have no sign of the models!!! :) Not to mention Celti-Tunnel trains from Rosslare Culchi Port to Fishguard.

parapet.gif

http://laroucheirishbrigade.com/ireland-an-economic-revival/

shannon-estuary-to-tuskar-tunnel.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And with the Chinese economy where it's at and heading the days of 150 euro for a decent model are fast steaming into the distance.

I disagree. We just need to interest the 1.3 billion Chinese with their new found wealth into modeling Irish outline models for nostalgic reasons, produce everything large scale and we can get the price down ;)

Had a good look at the new releases today and was pretty impressed with all of them. 230 is now on the workbench after her long trek back from the rebel county and shes a cracker well worth the wait & price.

Think i ve done my bit with 10 mm 201's & another mystery "black box" that her ladyship picked up in the big smoke on Friday (it better be 233, goodness knows i gave enough hints :) )

2014-10-19 02.00.30.jpg

Edited by Riversuir226

Had a good look at the new releases today and was pretty impressed with all of them. 230 is now on the workbench after her long trek back from the rebel county and shes a cracker well worth the wait & price.

Think i ve done my bit with 10 mm 201's & another mystery "black box" that her ladyship picked up in the big smoke on Friday (it better be 233, goodness knows i gave enough hints :) )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15492[/ATTACH]

201s are not really my thing but I'm thinking about one and Bandon is in Munster.... (yes, I guess you all knew that already)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15492[/ATTACH]

that woman has you spoilt Tom:rolleyes:

"While at the Downpatrick Gala yesterday,I was speaking to two lads

who I have met at various Rail tours over the years and were not into

the Irish model railway scene,however they have since bought some stock

and got the bug,mainly because of the fantastic models by MM,and

because of the lack of action on our railways and the onslaught of the

plastic railcars.This can only be good for our hobby.

I think 230 or 233 might tempt me to purchase one.

After having 209 and 233 for a few days now I'm very happy with them. They perform very well out of the box, better than the first MM201 I got, 229 which is still on the loud side. Sadly 233 suffers from the same gripe others have had about the yellow face 201s not being bright enough. Also the purple thumb prints are the same as 230's and again not much brighter like they should be. For some odd reason the font of the face numbers is very small too. When comparing it side by side to the Lima 8208 it lacks a few small cosmetic details. The Lima model has the builders plates on the side skirts and the small Enterprise logos behind the side cab windows that the MM Enterprise livery lacks. 230 is cosmetically near perfect for the nit picker like myself though.:trains:

All being well 208 and 209 are on their way.

Would someone remind me what date 230 was painted like the model? Thanks

230 was painted in the Enterprise livery in 2001/2002 as far as I can recall. It didn't get the white fillets until the later half of 2006 though which the model features.

• 1 month later...

Well I have to eat my words. Christmas came early as Mrs Clause bought me a lovely MM Grahams Resprays 222 "River Dargle" in Green and Grey livery. Living in Co Wicklow it had to be "Dargle River" in that livery, but had the "River Shannon" been in Green/Grey I would have jumped at that. Very pleased with Graham's weathering on this loco.

DSC_6907.jpg

I'm still not a big fan of the real 201 class, but as a model it is superb especially in this livery for my taste buds, despite the fact it doesn't suit my 60s/70s coaching and freight inventory. However due to the pic below I feel the poetic license will allow me to run it with Mk2d's and Cravens as RPSI specials. I had to buy one example and won't being buying anymore, but really pleased with this one. It is a very very long loco, so future fleet extensions at Kingsbridge will hopefully be 071 and especially 141/181s which are just the perfect size and mix for the 'loco hauled' era I have such fond memories of. I just love running a pair of 141/181 as consists, they look stunning underway.

Irish_Rail_201_w_Mk3s_Westport_10Jun2006_Brian_Solomon_235111.jpg

PS1: I know they are Mk3s but at least it orange and green mixed. :)

PS2: I will have to learn how to weather and tone down the orange roofs on my few mk2d's

PS3: I hope Brian doesn't mind me reposting his superb photo

Edited by Noel
img url fixed post photo bucket

• 1 year later...

So along with 8209 in the half finished Enterprise livery and either 206,207,227 or 228 being released in the 2015 Enterprise livery this year we now have the possibility of 231 in the "common user livery" as another special edition. Don't see how it's common as it's basically the Enterprise livery without the swirls but at least it's another bit of variety on the network and modeling scene.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone have any idea when murphy models will release the 201 class in the new 2015 enterprise livery?

Just wondering are there likely to be many more 201 model variants released? They don't seem to be the hottest selling GMs, had been well covered since the Lima MMs, and there seems to be very little RTR stock available in the market for them to haul (i.e. passenger stock mk3, mk4, DD, etc).

Just wondering are there likely to be many more 201 model variants released? They don't seem to be the hottest selling GMs, had been well covered since the Lima MMs, and there seems to be very little RTR stock available in the market for them to haul (i.e. passenger stock mk3, mk4, DD, etc).

Very good point,i think with the next batch all liveries will be covered but theirs actually very little stock for them to haul.