New Enterprise Livery

Rate this topic

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason 8209 wasn't finished was that the design wasn't finalised - something to do with the shade of colours to be used. As it was it was sitting in the paintshop for a week because of the shape of the yellow end. The loco was ready, design not. Simple as that.

Note that the coach was released about 2 months after 8209 (a month in service)

The next loco (206) is in the full livery but not yet released (even to passing trains). Watch this space - should be out this month or next month

No, sorry, it means I'm not sure what to say

You were forthright in your assertion that the photos shouldn't have been posted because the livery wasn't ready... surely you can accept the point that it's the company's problem, not the photographer's, for having it out in the open?

Edited by Garfield

The new coach livery seems elegant, functional and understated. It doesn't need to be a bold brand identity because it doesn't have to compete. I would doubt the loco went to the paint shop before the livery design was finished. More likely some sort of last minute delay, change, or a supply delay.

There's a photo floating about somewhere already of a finished loco - not sure where I saw it' date=' but I have seen it. It has red and purple swirls along the bodyside above, below and across the black band. It'll look great on the Ballina liner....[/quote']

It sure will Jhb.....and will probably get a trial run on the liner in the next few weeks...!!!!

Great news. Can't wait to see 206 finished. It was in most need of a repaint after 209. Alot of the Enterprise 201s seem to be suffering from rust problems around the roof area of the no.2 cab end. 207 and 227 are fairly bad I think.

I find it a bit odd that only 208 got the last livery and IE held off on it's 201s. 208 was painted in 2008 so it got around 6 years out of it which isn't too bad I think. I think NIR left 209 out as it had no working HEP gear and the EGVs were not a sure think at the time. Hence 209 spending most of it's time on Mk4 runs.

I find it a bit odd that only 208 got the last livery and IE held off on it's 201s. 208 was painted in 2008 so it got around 6 years

The reason for this was advertising for posters, websites etc - they only needed one loco in the new livery, plus it might of been to costly for IÉ & NIR to repaint the rest for only 6 years until the mager overhaul.

The only reason 8209 wasn't finished was that the design wasn't finalised - something to do with the shade of colours to be used. As it was it was sitting in the paintshop for a week because of the shape of the yellow end. The loco was ready, design not. Simple as that.

Note that the coach was released about 2 months after 8209 (a month in service)

The next loco (206) is in the full livery but not yet released (even to passing trains). Watch this space - should be out this month or next month

That was the other reason too - I just wasn't sure if it were true or not......

[] An update of the Enterprise Livery...

Wow, that look amazing. I think Paddy Murphy was on to something with the small number font on the last 201s:rolleyes:

Odd that 8209 has the large offset number like 8208 has/had on the last livery yet 206 has the UIC style head number.

Also I see long lost 087 peaking out behind 206.

Oh I like that! First time I've ever warmed to a 201 livery... Wondering is it weather and grime friendly though?? How will it look after 3 or 4 weeks in service?

Well 8209 seems to be holding up ok for the past few months but in saying that it's not as active as normal and held as standby in Connolly the past few weeks. The silver is starting to get a brown hue in places.

How often would an enterprise loco get a cosmetic wash? How often are locos washed in general? Would washes be included in maintenance schedules?

Just looking at the current state of 206 before it went in and the dirt on 207 and 233. The washer is not good enough. The Enterprise 201s are generally the scruffiest 201s but I reckon that is from years of extra fumes from being on HEP for 18 hours a day before the EGV became standard.