New Enterprise Livery

Rate this topic

Just looking at the current state of 206 before it went in and the dirt on 207 and 233. The washer is not good enough. The Enterprise 201s are generally the scruffiest 201s but I reckon that is from years of extra fumes from being on HEP for 18 hours a day before the EGV became standard.

The carraige washer at Connolly/Ossory Road has not worked for years, the most external cleaning they will get is the front of the loco washed at Connolly shed. Its a very intense diagram too, in terms of train weight and the various climbs on the route in either direction - Lusk, Kellystown and Mountpleasant among others

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the new shots of 206 do you reckon she has a No 1 end thats different from the No 2?

Just a tad yeah=)) it's like looking at a different loco from the other end. The no2 end is painted to match the rolling stock. 8209 is the same with the black band only around the no 2 cab. I find the red stripe very late in dropping down, I think it should be level before the cab door, same with the purple.

It's going to be a very hard livery to re spray.

I think if they kept the yellow design the same as the intercity/233 enterprise locos with the full yellow front & black outline then it would look much better. I agree the curve at the bottom is different on both ends. I remember seeing 228 coming out of the paint shop after being the first to get the green intercity livery & the yellow at the front didn't curve but went straight across like 230. They didn't like it so changed it to a curve a few days later so this mighten be the finished livery yet.

Some more shots....

[ATTACH]17413[/ATTACH]

The 201s are not my favorite locomotive and this color scheme doesn't look bad overall. I don't mean to get too nostalgic, and I know those with 201s will love this either now or eventually, but it does't remind me of anything remotely Irish either by color or design. The color scheme is like something more typical of post-privatization in the UK. That logo reminds me of something I did in art class may moons ago although they at least didn't drop every upper case letter!

Having griped about all that, I'm not really a fan of the silver/green DMU livery either, so maybe there's is just no pleasing me…..

Change is good at least for modelers and certainly for the vendors so that is probably no bad thing and whether it's my cup of tea or not, it's something new for the The Irish "Railway Modeller" or The "Irish Railway" Modeller, but let's not get onto that again…..

Ooh I like that livery.

I wonder how long before one gets coupled the wrong way round to a set though

I've never seen a 201 coupled to Enterprise stock at the no.1 end ever. Even when a set gets turned the odd time the 201 stays with that set until it's turned right way round again. In the days of HEP the no.2 end cab was very noisy so that's why IE turned all the pushpull 201s from around 1997 onwards. Some ended up the wrong way from time to time at Heuston but they always made sure they were the right way round before going Connolly side of the network for Enterprise duties.

Least it only gets the UIC numbers on the ends, I miss the 'shadow' on the side numbers though, going back to GNRI days and especially with this particular loco

As far as I know the cab end UIC no.s are optional but UIC requirements state that the full 12 digit number has to be printed at least once on each side. Not like the slate 071s that look like rolling Enigma machines.

This here?[ATTACH=CONFIG]17403[/ATTACH]

Note: this is just a photoshoped version of the current logo by me, i only know what the logo looks like from photos ive seen on the coaches

image.jpg, I done this for my YouTube channel, based on both logos, but I must say, I do love the new logo, it'll go with the new livery well.

Far better logo than the Irish flag double arrow they went with for everything else. It looks OK in black on the DARTs and white on 071s but awful in green white and orange on the ICRs, DMUs and 215. I reckon this logo was more NIR inspired than IE and if so it really shows.

As far as I know the cab end UIC no.s are optional but UIC requirements state that the full 12 digit number has to be printed at least once on each side. Not like the slate 071s that look like rolling Enigma machines.

Dont think they realised how bad/unreadable it would be, 078,085 and 087 all have their old numbers applied on the sides/ends along with the gobbledegook/phone number.....

When companies hire brand and graphic design consultants they are always going to advise 'new image', 'rebranding', 'fresh image', 'new concepts' , how else are they going to earn their fees. By contrast look at Aer Lingus with only one really significant livery/brand change in over 55 years (i.e. excluding the slight reshaping of the shamrock about 15 years ago).

Dont think they realised how bad/unreadable it would be, 078,085 and 087 all have their old numbers applied on the sides/ends along with the gobbledegook/phone number.....

Badly needed too. Very hard to do any rail fanning or 071 bashing after dark with UICs. Trying to get the number of a slate '71 at Eastwall junction the other night, couldn't tell if it was 071,077 or 088 in the dark. 088 can be easy to tell sometimes as they fecked up the spacing between the 8s leaving a gap.

When companies hire brand and graphic design consultants they are always going to advise 'new image', 'rebranding', 'fresh image', 'new concepts' , how else are they going to earn their fees. By contrast look at Aer Lingus with only one really significant livery/brand change in over 55 years (i.e. excluding the slight reshaping of the shamrock about 15 years ago).

Aer Lingus getting rid of the blue band was a big change to me. It was a small change but made a big difference overall imo.

Badly needed too. Very hard to do any rail fanning or 071 bashing after dark with UICs. Trying to get the number of a slate '71 at Eastwall junction the other night, couldn't tell if it was 071,077 or 088 in the dark. 088 can be easy to tell sometimes as they fecked up the spacing between the 8s leaving a gap.

The cab-side logos are how you tell the difference between those three. 071 doesn't have them, 077 has the full logos and 088 only has bits and pieces of it.

When companies hire brand and graphic design consultants they are always going to advise 'new image', 'rebranding', 'fresh image', 'new concepts' , how else are they going to earn their fees.

Yes, it would be cheaper and maybe better to have some kids design it. Usually a couple of million wasted with this nonsense.

I think both the retro white livery and the present livery still look great on Aer Lingus

Aer Lingus getting rid of the blue band was a big change to me. It was a small change but made a big difference overall imo.

I think it is 'fresher' without it

Edited by DiveController