Wanted: 44-126 Scenecraft OO/HO Gauge Single Road Servicing Shed

Rate this topic

declan64

Thanks for that. I've never used Kernow before but they have some interesting items so I'll be adding them to my favourites.

Hattons actually came up trumps on Friday: http://www.ehattons.com/stockdetail.aspx?SID=93693

STG£65 is pricey enough but is the same as I've seen on eBay as these sheds are hard to find these days. Just sorry I didn't purchase one when they came out first :(

Yea I think it is kind of odd that these type of buildings don't get longer runs? Surely they would sell these over many many years. Jesus , hornby were selling the same signal box, goods shed and engine shed for 40 years.....and they were toy models .....

Shssssh! Don't mention longer runs on this site. You'll have a plethora reminding you of the economies of scale, the rising costs in China and that its a minority hobby that you just have to pay up for!

• Like 1

The moulds for resin models have a shorter life apparently relative to the moulds used for the cheaper "toy-like" plastic models. This gives the more popular resin models an intrinsically higher value.

Still, if something is selling well, I can't see the logic in not creating a new mould for another batch. The original manufacturer doesn't stand to make anything from high priced sales on eBay.

Came across the following interesting shed in my search: http://www.ehattons.com/60728/Bachmann_Branchline_44_173_Brick_Servicing_Depot_320_x_82_x_121mm_/StockDetail.aspx

It reminded me of a similar shed from Lima many years ago., a few of which have popped up on eBay recently.

Yea I think it is kind of odd that these type of buildings don't get longer runs? Surely they would sell these over many many years. Jesus , hornby were selling the same signal box, goods shed and engine shed for 40 years.....and they were toy models .....

Been selling for forty years because they were AVAILABLE for 40 years. Yup, we've been through the tooling and mould argument too. One should rarely have a glut of product on the market and NEVER be sold out. It's called not knowing your business...

The moulds for resin models have a shorter life apparently relative to the moulds used for the cheaper "toy-like" plastic models. This gives the more popular resin models an intrinsically higher value.

Still, if something is selling well, I can't see the logic in not creating a new mould for another batch. The original manufacturer doesn't stand to make anything from high priced sales on eBay.

Came across the following interesting shed in my search: http://www.ehattons.com/60728/Bachmann_Branchline_44_173_Brick_Servicing_Depot_320_x_82_x_121mm_/StockDetail.aspx

It reminded me of a similar shed from Lima many years ago., a few of which have popped up on eBay recently.

Nice little shed. Not sure if it's prototypical of something in Irish outline but maybe we can get some replies on that?