FIFA Puskás Award.

Rate this topic

Broithe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stephanie Roche was robbed. The James Rodriguez goal was, IMHO, the least skilful of the three finalists. He controlled the ball once with his chest before volleying. Roche, on the other hand, controlled the ball twice with her feet then volleyed. The Robin van Persie goal, a lovely diving header, was far better than Rodriguez's, but I still think that Roche's was marginally better.

Still, I suppose that it was a certainty that the award was going to go to someone from one of the 'big' countries to keep those associations happy.

Still, I suppose that it was a certainty that the award was going to go to someone from one of the 'big' countries to keep those associations happy.

Agreed,just the same way as finish 4th in your league and get into the champions league,a bit of a contradiction.Champions from every country into a hat with a random draw,only fair as far as I am concerned.

Stephanie was robbed, without a doubt, not only did she control the ball, not once, but twice, all the while her back was to the goal, & still without the ball touching the ground, she turned on her toes & outsmarting her marker she put it in the back of the nett like a professional, Stephanie lifted the Country, austerity et all, for just enough time for us to think, maybe, but sure isn't Sett Blatter still around, enough said,

PS Who's James Rodriguez anyway

James Rodriguez plays for one of, if not the biggest supported club teams in the world. It stands to reason that Real fans would vote for a club player in a FIFA Award. As great as all three goals were I thought that Tim Cahills goal in the World Cup against the Dutch was a better goal then any of them. To beat a keeper from that angle with power and accuracy is one of the hardest goals to try and score. There is something about shots that hit the underside of the crossbar and bounce into the goal that hold a lot of peoples fascination and I'm sure that it led to a lot of people voting for the Rodriguez goal.

Rich,