Modelrail Scotland February 20-22 2015

Rate this topic

Blaine

http://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/index.html

Well worth a visit, a smaller, friendlier version of Warley. Flights are also cheap from Ireland at present, given there is no Scotland vs Ireland Rugby that weekend. Friday is the cheapest day to fly and Glasgow International Airport is a short taxi/train run away http://www.secc.co.uk/attend/how-to-get-here.aspx

The MRSI will be exhibiting with Baile Cois Farraige and Dun Ni Rian

http://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/index.html

Well worth a visit, a smaller, friendlier version of Warley. Flights are also cheap from Ireland at present, given there is no Scotland vs Ireland Rugby that weekend. Friday is the cheapest day to fly and Glasgow International Airport is a short taxi/train run away http://www.secc.co.uk/attend/how-to-get-here.aspx

Glasgow is a great town for going out on the rip too. If anyone was also interested in such things...

Well worth a visit, a smaller, friendlier version of Warley.

A great and well organised show,that seems to get better every year,with next year 2 Irish layouts for me to drool over,I know now where I will be spending most of my time at the show next February,nice one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
David, would love to see some photos at the post mortem.....

I will see what photos I can get. In the meantime, here are some preview pics of Craigellachie.

Standard Class 5 arriving from Elgin and Park Royal Railbus (motorised Airfix kit) in Speyside platform.

craig 92.jpg

Station entrance on platform 2.

craig 401.jpg

NB Type 2 diesel arriving from Elgin on platform 1.

craig 405.jpg

Station building and goods shed with Park Royal Railbus at Speyside platform.

craig 411.jpg

Edited by Dhu Varren

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all those who took the time to stop at stand 4C and chat, great to see you. I appreciate that on a one day trip to the show, time is limited. My apologies if anyone stopped, but I was not there, probably due to being on stewarding duties. It was a great show (certainly from the social point of view), although I was not able to pick up all the bits and pieces on my shopping list.

Couple of pictures of the MRSI layout. Other show pictures to follow later.

Full view of layout.

IMG_2188r.jpg

A DUKW about to make a splash. If you visit Dublin, you have to take a 'Viking Splash' tour in a DUKW, it is the best city tour you will ever have.

IMG_2184r.jpg

Had a great time at the Model Rail Scotland show last Friday - lots of superb layouts. And it was great to meet Dhu Varren of this site and put a face to the name! Hope the remainder of the show was a great success. A few photos:

Travelled from Glasgow Central (Low Level) to Exhibition Centre station on a Scotrail Class 334 e.m.u.

R1100124.jpg

Eaton Gomery (Wigan Finescale Railway Modellers)

R1100131.jpg

Hazelbank (Stirling & Clackmannan Model Railway Club)

R1100135.jpg

Rannoch (Bristol East Model Railway Club)

R1100167.jpg

Salz OBB (Michael Watts)

R1100179.jpg

Darjeely (Kyle Model Railway Club)

R1100200.jpg

And, of course, Craigellachie (Moray Model Railway Group) which is where I met Dhu Varren.

R1100188.jpg

R1100194.jpg

I really enjoyed the show. It was great to meet the lads from MRSI and thanks for the application form!! Your layout was brilliant.

What a show. There were some amazing layouts on show. I managed to pick up a beautiful Tornado with a few Pullman coaches. I also picked up a couple of Craven Caraiges from Marks Models.

I met Scottish Dave as well.

Regards,

Ray.