Irish model respray guide

Rate this topic

timmycork

Think a thread like this might be of good use to lads starting off doing resprays.

Example 1: I resprayed this (model name) using (paint brand/colour). I added the decals I got from (name). (Post before, during and after pics)

Example 2: I am going to respray a (model name) into (whatever) livery, has anyone tried it? What paint did you use?

Think a thread like this might be of good use to lads starting off doing resprays.

Example 1: I resprayed this (model name) using (paint brand/colour). I added the decals I got from (name). (Post before, during and after pics)

Example 2: I am going to respray a (model name) into (whatever) livery, has anyone tried it? What paint did you use?

I think this is a great idea, we do have some good experts as members who I'm sure would be happy to share their knowledge.

I think this is a great idea, we do have some good experts as members who I'm sure would be happy to share their knowledge.

Yes this would be really useful. I'm a total beginner at spraying and would find it very helpful. There are some modellers on here that have really stunning skills with an airbrush and weathering techniques. I'd love to learn simple weathering skills.

While we're on the subject of threads, why not have a thread like, "How To" that shows us poor sods just how to take bodies off loco's, & lots of the other simple stuff that I for one hav'nt got a clue How to do, you just open the thread & look at the pics of the work done by the masters on here & the video's,

Edited by burnthebox

While we're on the subject of threads, why not have a thread like, "How To" that shows us poor sods just how to take bodies off loco's, & lots of the other simple stuff that I for one hav'nt got a clue to do, you just open the thread & look at the pics of the work done by the masters on here & the video's,

I just throw mine on a concrete floor and then glue it back together afterwards. Isnt that what everyone does!? ;)

While we're on the subject of threads, why not have a thread like, "How To" that shows us poor sods just how to take bodies off loco's, & lots of the other simple stuff that I for one hav'nt got a clue to do, you just open the thread & look at the pics of the work done by the masters on here & the video's,

Definatly worth a thread to discuss how knowledge is passed on, my opinion is something like the dcc subsection does, probably site news/help would be the correct place for it

Suggest they should go in the Tutorial section, each under a separate heading.

Could the tutorial section be taken out of Workbench also to make it more visible?

Also a pinned thread with "Tutorial Requests" at the top?

The tutorials section would certainly be a good place for any teaching, and tutorial requests is a great idea.

I was just saying site news might be the place to discuss changes to the site. Maybe a revamped "knowledge centre" would work well

Goint to start this off with a quick one

How to open an MIR Kit

Firstly the items required

Kit

Sharp scalpel

Powdered Laytex Gloves, Large!

P1070258_zps803fa920.jpg

Next take the scalpel and with a quick cut, sorry lads I cant continue, have to sit down for a moment :puke:

P1070261_zps0453b09a.jpg

Ah Dave that's deadly! =))=))=))=))