Mk2 EGV - Graham's Resprays - Superb

Rate this topic

Noel

Just took delivery of this superb Murphy Model Mk2d EGV from the Modelshop Portlaoise, resprayed and weathered by Seamus Graham. I'm delighted with the respray and weathering job, it is absolutely stunning. Given that MM EGVs were no longer available in the channel, it was great to discover the Seamus can supply these EGVs. The weathering was an unexpected and welcome bonus. He is a talented gentleman with an airbrush.

Please forgive poor photos, I didn't have time to setup a bit of lighting and used my phone.

Mk2d EGV in later IE livery

MK2D_EVG3b.jpg

The gentle weathering suits my own personal preference, visible but subtle.

MK2D_EVG4b.jpg

The 'grill' side of the coach.

MK2D_EVG2.jpg

The quality and detailing on the MM EGV is a cut above the hornby and backmann coaches I was used to 20 years ago.

MK2D_EVG1.jpg

bow.gif Thank you Seamus

Edited by Noel
Lexdisia

I got mine today aswell finally completing my Mark 2 rake after a few years trying everywhere & being out bid on numerous occasions! !! Was gonna put photos up later but you got there first Noel! Haft to 'Dirty' the other coaches to match my van next. I agree aswell - class work from Seamus!

I got mine today aswell finally completing my Mark 2 rake after a few years trying everywhere & being out bid on numerous occasions! !! Was gonna put photos up later but you got there first Noel! Haft to 'Dirty' the other coaches to match my van next. I agree aswell - class work from Seamus!

Glad to hear you've completed a rake as well. Likewise my mk2 coaches need weathering, especially the four orange roofed ones. They need serious weathering on the roof to tone down that dayglo orange. The rake will be off to Seamus after Christmas for some of his superb weathering along with black GMs.

Thanks Bos, would you know where i could get a spare MM Mark 2 bogie? when I was sawing last night one of my coaches rolled off the table! The small piece on top of the Bogie that slots in to the chasis cracked :(( On the plus side I know how to get the roof off those coaches now!!! :D

19a4aw.jpg

Luckily that was the only damage!

Try glueing a suitable bit of foam between the two parts , the fixed and the broken one - you'll have a bit more area and the loading won't be "against" the glue....?

Dang, you're fast! I'd go with a small 2mm x 2mm piece of styrene at the bottom in the middle gap, and use polystyrene cement to weld the broken bit and the infill on. Broithe's is a clever approach though :tumbsup:

Dang, you're fast! I'd go with a small 2mm x 2mm piece of styrene at the bottom in the middle gap, and use polystyrene cement to weld the broken bit and the infill on. Broithe's is a clever approach though :tumbsup:

I was just passing through...

A combination of the two would be a good idea...

And it wouldn't hurt to identify the bogie underneath, with a spot of paint/tape etc - so that you know it's a bit dicky if you ever need to get it off again..

Edited by Broithe

If you can lay your hands on some butanone, put the broken piece in position and brush a tiny bit of the butanone on the area and hold it for a few moments. It will set solid and give no more trouble. With the types of plastic used in the hobby today it's no bad idea to have some butanone in your tool box, because at some time you will need it. If you do go down the butannoe route do it outside or in a well ventilated area. Whatever method you use good luck.

Rich,

Rebelled, as for mk 2 bogies, good luck on that one, I've been looking about two weeks now, & still no joy, even got a pair of bogies from a4mallard, but no joy, hope these suggestions help, :tumbsup:

I might be able to help you out with the bogies, i have 3 Lima coaches & i'm using one a 'guinea pig' for a re-spray, if it turns out to be a disaster you can have the bogies off it ( they won't be touched) I'll let you know if im getting rid :D

If you contact PM I'd imagine he will advise you to contact Jim in Marks Models in Hawkins Street. Might be worth ringing Marks Models tomorrow to see if Jim is there. If all else fails PM me and I'll see if I can find the spare one I have lying around somewhere.

Rich,

I read somewhere recently (probably on this forum) that Marks Models has spare detailing packs in stock for the 141/181's. It might be worth a try......

Correct, marks models should have the detailing packs, however, I do not know if they're in stock. I'm not sure of the contents of the packs but there are probably different ones as some of the 141s obviously have black horns and some orange depending on the livery

Correct, marks models should have the detailing packs, however, I do not know if they're in stock. I'm not sure of the contents of the packs but there are probably different ones as some of the 141s obviously have black horns and some orange depending on the livery

Interesting. All the MM 141/181s I bought new had black horns irrespective of the livery.

Interesting. All the MM 141/181s I bought new had black horns irrespective of the livery.

You have mostly BnT livery but I know you have some in orange. You got me thinking because I purchased some of these used so I thought the horns might have been embellished by the original owner. So I looked at some of the IR & IE 141s that I bought 'new' and 146 IE has a sealed detailing pack with orange horns!

Edited by DiveController

You have most BnT livery but I know you have some in orange. You got me thinking because I purchased some of these used so I thought the horns might have been embellished by the original owner. So I looked at some of the IR & IE 141s that I bought 'new' and 146 IE has a sealed detailing pack with orange horns!

IE ones have orange horns, Cie & IR have black