Oil Tank Wagon Pics

Rate this question

djkonore

Question

Does anyone have any pictures or a link to any pictures of some Irish Oil Tank Wagons please? I have a rake of oil tank wagons almost complete. I have the transfers from Weshty ready to go on, but I want to make sure that I'm putting them on in the right places. Thanks in advance. I'll put some pics up on my workbench once they're completed!

15 answers to this question

Guest hidden-agenda
Does anyone have any pictures or a link to any pictures of some Irish Oil Tank Wagons please? I have a rake of oil tank wagons almost complete. I have the transfers from Weshty ready to go on, but I want to make sure that I'm putting them on in the right places. Thanks in advance. I'll put some pics up on my workbench once they're completed!

Anybody fancy buying a Fuel Oil wagon? While driving through Athy the other week this strange sight greeted me. Former Irish Rail Fuel Oil wagon 620A minus wheels is mounted on a 40ft trailer and its for sale. Sat 16.10.10 try this i know there is some decent pics out there if i come across them i will put them up .

Regards Gareth.

Edited by hidden-agenda

I dont know if there is a rtr model but one of these would be a bit different http://www.srpsmuseum.org.uk/10153.htm a rake of these wagons formed the Inchacore Oil Train in the late 70s-80s.

The wagons were originally used by Caltex with a silver barrel with large black lettering and a horizontal red band along the centre of the barrel similar to the Ammonia tank wagons these were later re-branded for Texaco with similar style of lettering and the red banding moved to the solebars.

These would be a challenge to paint and letter as years Caltex lettering and band down the centre of the barrel was clearly visiblewhile in fuel train use beneath the Texaco branding.

There may be some photos of these wagons around as many of thee older tank wagons were stored of the Dardanell Sidings until East Wall yard was re-modelled in the early 2000s.

John