Inserting a Table into a Post

Rate this topic

Kirley

Or you can open the table up in Word, press FN and prtsc at the same time to capture an image of the entire page including the table, then open Paint if you have it, press CTRL and v at the same time which will copy the image into Paint. Then crop the image so only the table is visible, save it, and upload and post the image to the site.

Or you can open the table up in Word, press FN and prtsc at the same time to capture an image of the entire page including the table, then open Paint if you have it, press CTRL and v at the same time which will copy the image into Paint. Then crop the image so only the table is visible, save it, and upload and post the image to the site.

+1

Or Save the document as a PDF, upload to a hosting site and insert url here inside tags

There are a few options - as have been mentioned, the simplest is probably to screengrab and import the image of the table.

You can also export the table in HTML format in word, and paste in the HTML, which the forum might be able to make sense of.

The 'safest' bet if you want the table looking as it does on your screen, is to add it as a picture / image.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're still looking to insert a table, the table icon will work, but it doesn't give much in the line of help or an example. Hopefully the below will give a better idea of how the table works. It took a bit of searching to find the "class: grid" part. That was bugging me. I had to figure that out. It's kinda hard to find good examples out there. Anyway hopefully that helps.

[table="class: grid, width: 200"]
[tr]
[td]Left 1[/td]
[td]Middle 1[/td]
[td]Right 1[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Left 2[/td]
[td]Middle 2[/td]
[td]Right 2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Left 3[/td]
[td]Middle 3[/td]
[td]Right 3[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[table=class: grid, width: 200]

[tr]

[td]Left 1[/td]

[td]Middle 1[/td]

[td]Right 1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Left 2[/td]

[td]Middle 2[/td]

[td]Right 2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Left 3[/td]

[td]Middle 3[/td]

[td]Right 3[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Thanks Gambit for your reply.

I have already taken other's advice and posted an image of a table on Irish Coaches under Questions and Answers looking for help in filling the gaps. Unfortunately I was very disappointed in the lack of response to my question.

Sorry Kieran. I started to do some work on getting this info together but got side-tracked! Will put something up on the Q&A forum when I get a chance.