Maryville Junction

Rate this topic

Geoff Johnston

I have been building my layout from this time last year.It is approx.10x16 feet in size, has two levels and connected by two single road inclines.after seeing the super layouts and modelling on this super little forum.I thought some of you might like to have a look at mine.....any feedback would be greatly appreciated....layout can be viewed on YouTube by typing in Maryville Junction.....sorry I have never posted anything on the forum before and am at a loss on how to upload a video...anyway that's the first of what I hope are many posts done...Cheers Geoff..................

Hi Geoff, that look's fantastic, I love the slow running of your trains, you have a whole World going on up there, keep those pics & video's coming, well done, by the way Geoff welcome to the site, there's always something going on here lots of info & the abuse is free, :-bd

Edited by burnthebox

It was modelled on a mill fire I attended many moons ago in my years with the N.I.F.B.....the Fire engines are Oxford diecast which have been stripped and wired with the blue lights, we ran those Bedfords when I first joined the service...sorry about the poor picture quality it was filmed on my phone ...have a lot more done from then, so will take another video with my camera over the weekend...many thanks for being my first visitor.Have been wanting to put the layout on for some time but didn't think it was good enough to show...

Nice video and nice layout Geoff,like the various cameo scenes you have created.With regards to your RUC landrovers,what colour of grey did you paint them with?I have a number of them on my own layout and painted them with battleship grey recommended by BW Models,but the grey has a blueish tinge to it and does not look right,whereas yours seems spot on,any help would be greatly appreciated.Look forward to your more current update over the weekend.

I have been building my layout from this time last year.It is approx.10x16 feet in size, has two levels and connected by two single road inclines.after seeing the super layouts and modelling on this super little forum.I thought some of you might like to have a look at mine.....any feedback would be greatly appreciated....layout can be viewed on YouTube by typing in Maryville Junction.....sorry I have never posted anything on the forum before and am at a loss on how to upload a video...anyway that's the first of what I hope are many posts done...Cheers Geoff..................

Very nice indeed Geoff. Some fabulous scenes and a noticeable 'SAR' theme that looks great. All you need now is a simulated derailment with SAR services in attendance! :)

burthebox in answer to you question on the Guinness Tankers ...I bought 6 gulf oil tanks of eBay at £2 each,striped them down and sprayed them..I have been a sign writer for over 30 years so was able to cut the graphic,s myself, they were as simple as that.........the hose for the Fire scene is yellow bell wire, the smoke is stuffing from an old Teddy bear that was lying in the roof space,the mill is a card kit with a hole cut in the roof and black painted match sticks glued in as rafters.......the TL was a matchbox model that I picked up at a swap meet and striped and repainted and added the blue lights.there is a Landrover L4P Fire engine that is a modified BW Model.and the WRLs are all Oxford diecast.....

Can someone tell me what I need to do to upload a video from YouTube to the forum.....Please....

I posted this on your blog yesterday - It's actually quite simple to post a video - when you know how - just click on the 'film strip' on the far right of the 'controls' when you're posting - between the 'picture frame' and the 'speech bubble' - paste the link for the video in the box that pops up and click OK. If you 'hover' the cursor over the film strip, you should find that it reveals itself as Insert Video.

Does it make any sense..?

• 1 month later...
It was modelled on a mill fire I attended many moons ago in my years with the N.I.F.B.....the Fire engines are Oxford diecast which have been stripped and wired with the blue lights, we ran those Bedfords when I first joined the service...sorry about the poor picture quality it was filmed on my phone ...have a lot more done from then, so will take another video with my camera over the weekend...many thanks for being my first visitor.Have been wanting to put the layout on for some time but didn't think it was good enough to show...

Hi Geoff. Great layout. More pics please. What size of LEDs did you use for the Fire engines and how did you power them. It is a fantastic layout by the way with plenty going on.

• 1 month later...