Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eamonn just realised looking at your picture that it was 072 not 073 that took us from Dublin to Limerick. 072 and 083 had to be the two cleanest 071's I've ever seen just looking at your pictures again. Its a crying shame that no more rail tours were ever organised again using the Mk3 stock. Reading Garfield's thread Dark days at CIE you never know privatisation may not be to far away and the Mk3's might get saved from the cutter torch yet :praying:

Eamonn just realised looking at your picture that it was 072 not 073 that took us from Dublin to Limerick. 072 and 083 had to be the two cleanest 071's I've ever seen just looking at your pictures again. Its a crying shame that no more rail tours were ever organised again using the Mk3 stock. Reading Garfield's thread Dark days at CIE you never know privatisation may not be to far away and the Mk3's might get saved from the cutter torch yet :praying:

For some reason to I had it as 072,and its only

when I got photos off the external hard drive did

I see it was 073.As you said they were very clean

The locos that is,and what a brilliant day it was.

Such a pity a mk3 set was not kept for days such

as that.

It was a fab railtour that day and the sadly the last spin in the mk3s.

All that was missing was Heirflick and a bottle of Jemmy.

kind words eamonn - i would have loved to have been there! and yes i would have taken the hugging and kissing of 072 a lot further - i would have gone inside her! would love to have got into the cab and seen the engine room!devil.gif

I might be grabbing the wrong end of one or many sticks here, but it looks like 112 sold out of many more than 082 and 071.

Or it could be late and what little that remains of my brains have gone bye bye.

Incidentally, those of you still waiting for me to understand the lokpilot v4 handbook so as I could tell you what CVs alter to get all the lights functioning properly on your 071s, I do hope you weren't holding your breath.

I recognise the words on the page as English, I even recognise the order of the words as being appropriate to being English, but I have absolutely no clue as to what those words are telling me to do - i.e. 'it's all Greek to me...".

-Rob

All 112s were released on the launch day. There are no more 112s to follow its just the outstanding amounts of 071 and 082

That's what I thought but Hattons seemed to have got their wires crossed. They are still taking orders:

http://www.ehattons.com/58979/Murphy_Models_MM0112_Irish_Class_071_111_diesel_locomotive_Northern_Counties_in_NIR_blue_livery_as_on/StockDetail.aspx

Edited by Tarabuses

All 112's are sold from Murphy Models

No more can be ordered from him

However some shops still have some for sale

PM me if you need one!

The second delivery of 071's arrived but are not custom cleared yet

They will be with the retailers early next week

Looks like there might be no delivery before Christmas of the orange? 071 or the Mk 2 coaches

He is working frantically to make it happen but things are not looking good at the moment

Please wait for further updates before posting stupid comments :facepalm:

PM me if you need one!

Looks like there might be no delivery before Christmas of the orange? 071 or the Mk 2 coaches

He is working frantically to make it happen but things are not looking good at the moment

Amen Mr Bracken!!!

112's also available from: http://www.themodelshop.ie

PM me if you need one!

Which 071's are they?