Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if 112 is being released as it was when with IE, with the modifications such as the LED lights? I remember seeing it pulling a rake of mk2d's on an early morning train to Heuston and stopping in Sallins. Even then it made a change from the 201's and mk3's, now look what we have:(

Judging by the 141/181's the Super Train livery seemed to be the hardest to sell. If Paddy has his head screwed on right he will bring that livery out first so that it will sell.

071 in Supertrain is the Class leader Anto

Same as 201 Shannon

For the more mature modeller I think it will be a big seller

Would it be seriously bitchy of me to say that the side grill looks a little heavy? Fans look good though!

I don't think so Fran. Hopefully it will be etched finer for the production model. The model really captures the bulk of the prototype. I had a good look at 075 on Friday up close, and you really forget how huge they are when you see them from the ground as opposed to the platform. It's hard to believe that by the end of the year we will have had 4 different classes of GM locos produced by PM in what is a very short period, when you compare how long the prototypes have been around. The more pre production pics I see, the more I can't wait for October.

Rich,

Dead right Rich, I think it's going to be Paddy's finest hour yet, and that's saying something when you consider the quality of models such as the baby GMs and Cravens. Those EMD grills are prominent on a lot of yank stuff too and they really are a multi-layered design. Athearn and Kato chose to model theirs in moulded plastic with decent success but a beautifully rendered separate brass etching could really knock the spots off them!

I have a good close up shot of the grill on an 071 which was parked up in Portarlington a couple of years back. If only I could find my stupid hard drive!!! :mad:

Paddy Murphy should also be commended for releasing pre production samples at various stages of design for the public to have a good look at. Also having that kind of faith in your product is going to generate huge confidence in his potential customers.

It's going to be an expensive year with 071 111 models and the Autoballast wagons, but I'm worth it;).

Rich,

Warbonnet Paddy was saying yesterday the side grill will be changed on the production model and will be thinner, main difference between the two samples is the black one is the early version with small marker lights, tablet catcher etc and the grey sample is later marker lights aerials etc

It's hard to believe that by the end of the year we will have had 4 different classes of GM locos produced by PM in what is a very short period,

Rich,

Rich by the end of the year you will have 6. 3 in October and 3 for Xmas. 071 in Super train/Black and silver freight/and 111 class #112 as she ran in the south these 3 are out in October.

Bad news for those waiting on the 121 Paddy was telling me that it's been put on the long finger indefinitely also 209 in NIR blue and 230 Enterprise purple may not be released till next year. On the coaches front there may be a very slim chance that some mk2's may be released later in the year. Don't ask what liveries etc etc just that there may be a slim chance you guys might get some as all his efforts are been put into the 071 project and Paddy has to see what stock (locos/coaches) is left in the shops before any more releases other than the 071

Rich by the end of the year you will have 6. 3 in October and 3 for Xmas. 071 in Super train/Black and silver freight/and 111 class #112 as she ran in the south these 3 are out in October.

Excellent Anto, I will be restricting myself to the IE period from around the time 112 was down this way. Especially during the beet season. I am on two minds as to whether I will purchase a freight livery 071 as no matter how I try I just can't take to it.

Rich,

Bad news for those waiting on the 121 Paddy was telling me that it's been put on the long finger indefinitely also 209 in NIR blue and 230 Enterprise purple may not be released till next year. On the coaches front there may be a very slim chance that some mk2's may be released later in the year. Don't ask what liveries etc etc just that there may be a slim chance you guys might get some as all his efforts are been put into the 071 project and Paddy has to see what stock (locos/coaches) is left in the shops before any more releases other than the 071

Considering the way things have gone with the economy and with people having to tighten the purse strings I guess it just wouldn't be feasible for MM to release any more models until the 071 111 program is complete. I am happy with the 201 models I have purchased as they fit the period I am modeling. I was looking forward to 230 myself. I know that a lot of people including myself will be gutted with the news regarding the 121, but thats the way it goes in business. I would have sacrificed the 201's for the 121's myself, but if we didn't have the 201's would Dave have gone ahead and begun producing the De Dietrich coaches.

We have been spoiled for choice over the last five years and there are at the moment as many locos and coaches available rtr to keep most of us happy and that's what matters.

Rich,

Considering the way things have gone with the economy and with people having to tighten the purse strings I guess it just wouldn't be feasible for MM to release any more models until the 071 111 program is complete. I am happy with the 201 models I have purchased as they fit the period I am modeling. I was looking forward to 230 myself. I know that a lot of people including myself will be gutted with the news regarding the 121, but thats the way it goes in business. I would have sacrificed the 201's for the 121's myself, but if we didn't have the 201's would Dave have gone ahead and begun producing the De Dietrich coaches.

We have been spoiled for choice over the last five years and there are at the moment as many locos and coaches available rtr to keep most of us happy and that's what matters.

Rich,

Have you a layout Rich? You should put up some pictures of it :)

Rich,

I have to agree that I would have preferred the 121 to the 201 and it is very disappointing to have it deferred indefinitely. This is not a criticism of Paddy, who has done so much for Irish railway modellers, but just my reaction to the news.