Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

When the Lottery started over here, my aunt asked me how I'd done on the first draw.

"I didn't get any numbers. How about you?", I said.

"Oh, I only got six.", she said.

"Six! six! You only need six, you daft old bat - it's not eight like the pools, you know."

It turned out that six was the only number that she had got, her other five weren't drawn.

I was nearly on the train top see my favourite aunt.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully its just a small batch - but we had a 201 chip there too, and the small white sticker on the top had the same serial number - but I cant say if this number relates to the chip itself or what sounds/functions are programmed onto it

• 3 weeks later...
The Model Shop Belfast have just announced on FB that two 071's are to be released in the new grey livery, in September. Limited to 252 of each running number!

Just checked with modelshopbelfast and the model will be produced with front grab rails in place, as it would have been cost prohibitive to re-tool the cabs to reflect the prototype with no front grab rails.

Also, noticed that the yellow area seems to be curved at the edges, but the prototype is 90 degree straight edges, is it not?

Still looks an excellent model though. Might invest in both and get one of the skilled craftsmen on here to rectify the handrail situation.

Typical 071 has only settled in!!!

DSC01968.jpg

Just checked with modelshopbelfast and the model will be produced with front grab rails in place, as it would have been cost prohibitive to re-tool the cabs to reflect the prototype with no front grab rails.

Also, noticed that the yellow area seems to be curved at the edges, but the prototype is 90 degree straight edges, is it not?

Still looks an excellent model though. Might invest in both and get one of the skilled craftsmen on here to rectify the handrail situation.

Wouldn t be the hardest job in the world, i'm sure weshty would do a replacement yellow area decal to cover up the area after.

Hmm 077 & 078 in grey plus the 2 orange already ordered looks like the 071's will out number the baby fleet.

Edited by Riversuir226

It's a pity about the grab rails. I just assumed the photo was of a pre production model.

I think you are correct about the yellow panels being too rounded at the corners.

I'm sure Paddy investigated the possibility of removing the rails thoroughly before settling on this compromise. I'm sure that had the reconditioned 071s been running (or even rumoured) at the design stage of the model he would have accomodated the variation in his plans.

anyone got a pic of the cab front?

Only just able to post now but was going to refer you to the Murphys Models homepage but see you have found them anyway since!

----------------

Based on this, it appears the running numbers (using the old, and proper, format for a moment) 071 and 078, are the ones released in the new livery. Can anyone confirm? Be interested in 071 if this is the case.

I think they are quite good, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like the new livery! Yeah there are a couple of things here and there but I'm not bothered.

Thanks for bringing it to us Paddy.

• 2 months later...