enniscorthymans workbench

Rate this topic

enniscorthyman

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, enniscorthyman said:

I wanted to see could I upload a photo from my phone.No success.

Hi Eamon.  After seeing your post I just tried from my iPhone and it worked ok. When I use 'click to choose files' on the bottom of a new post I then get asked where to upload the photo from on the phone:  'Take Photo or Video' or 'Photo Library'.  If you are using Android you should be offered a similar facility to browse your phones photo library.  Click the required photo but do wait for it to upload to the site.  You should see a little progress bar scale as the image uploads, then type the post message body and 'submit reply'.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Eamonn. Love the paint job and weathering, especially the Bulleid. I see you dispensed with the need for the daft 'staples' on the single beat. I couldn't get them to work but thats probably more a reflection on me.  You've inspired me to have a go with a double beat I've had on the shelf for a few months!!!

33 minutes ago, Noel said:

Very nice Eamonn. Love the paint job and weathering, especially the Bulleid. I see you dispensed with the need for the daft 'staples' on the single beat. I couldn't get them to work but thats probably more a reflection on me.  You've inspired me to have a go with a double beat I've had on the shelf for a few months!!!

Thanks Noel.

The double kits are a lot quicker to build than the single.Yes the brake gear on the single are quite tricky.

I have just applied rust wash so far and will try a few others.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2017 at 9:51 PM, jason brady said:

Nice work Eamonn very tidy.The chunkier buffers from Dart make a big difference.I have a couple of these myself which I've to get around to building so I'm following this with interest :tumbsup:

Nice work indeed.  :tumbsup: I also have one of these kits, but I've delayed starting it until I can work out the most efficient way of widening the chassis to the same width as the van.  I can't remember where but I've seen on the forum where the chassis was made wider to match the body.  Made a big difference visually.

• 2 weeks later...