Claremorris in the 80s

Rate this topic

Hi, Im considering changing my future layout to one of claremorris, regenerated in all its glory with ballinrobe etc. Its a station with a reasonable amount of photos on the web

Im looking for a couple of shots in particular, if anyone has access to them

(a) Interior of the signal box, so that I can deduce the naming on the levers.

(b) Sligo end picture of the goods shed with the valance detail

© There is evidence in the 80s of a container crane, yet I only keep seeing glimpses in the corners of photos. Anyone have a shot of the station approaches around that time,

(d) I presume the oil infrastructure in the goods yard was for the nearby oil tanks.

as well as anything not on flickr google etc.

Ive done a layout track plan, tweaking it as the moment. I gave up on limerick junction cause I can't fit the layout into the room I now have in a new house. But this one I might squeeze and it has fascinating operational opportunities, especially as I will operate it circa 1980s, but as it mr andrews never existed

Ive settled on OO-SF as the gauge , with hand built points to get the flow right

thanks again

The problem with LJ is that so much of the length is needed in platforms, to support the facing trains etc, that I have no space to accommodate the curves ( around to a fiddle yard) . Claremorris can be tightened up without adjusting operational capacity ( it had fairly short platforms anyway.)

I have claremorris in 15 feet. even if I have to bend the sligo end

Theres stacks of photos, but virtually nothing of the cement store etc, that seemed to be demolished in 2002+