RobertRoche

Robert's Workbench

Rate this topic

Nice job. What brand and colour code of yellow paint did you use for the autoballasters?

• Like 2

Thanks everyone...there is a lot of detail on them, and I'm going to have to print one or two extra decals for them also.

10 hours ago, iarnrod said:

Nice job. What brand and colour code of yellow paint did you use for the autoballasters?

I used Humbrol No. 69 acrylic on these as discovered somewhere else on this forum. It is not a direct match to the Bachmann model as it appears to be a touch lighter in person.

I had not used Humbrol acrylics before and was not impressed...they sprayed nicely but 6 weeks after the final coat I am not sure that the paint has fully hardened. Will stick with Tamiya acrylics in the future, and Humbrol enamels.

Edited by RobertRoche

Main decals done tonight. Now have to design a few additional details, print and put on. Indoor lighting used and decals not sealed yet.

1.JPG.cf54a1ce3bcda3415d1560661dcf8cb5.JPG

2.JPG.0069b26e80112b8074687ee7d4190b9a.JPG

• Like 6

Very nice Robert. Really like the one carrying the current logo, you'll always find one or two of those mixed in a rake so always nice to have.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jason brady said:

Very nice Robert. Really like the one carrying the current logo, you'll always find one or two of those mixed in a rake so always nice to have.  

Thank you, it'll be another while before they are done.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 10:45 PM, RobertRoche said:

Main decals done tonight. Now have to design a few additional details, print and put on. Indoor lighting used and decals not sealed yet.

1.JPG.cf54a1ce3bcda3415d1560661dcf8cb5.JPG

2.JPG.0069b26e80112b8074687ee7d4190b9a.JPG

Nice autoballasters, Robert.  Both old and new Irish Rail logos fit perfectly against the yellow livery.

• Like 4