Free to anyone who wants it

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

Folks, I've a whole pile of stuff here, free to anyone who wants it. I would just ask for postage to be refunded for the larger items; small stuff is post-free.

First, a 1974 WTT; loads of long gone stuff like pilot engines, Loughrea, New Ross, Ballinacourty and Sligo - Limerick - Tralee - Fenit / Foynes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And finally, more free stuff again..... first, while not railway related, anyone into philately or general historical ephemera?

image.jpg

Next: railway.

image.jpg

Finally, a couple of quaint Victorian brochure booklets, non railway, but like the last two it's free and post-free.

image.jpg

So: roll up, folks, or it's all for the shredder! :-)

Glenderg - yes, they're yours - ping me your address.

The philately stuff is gone too, but the stuff in my previous post is still here. That is:

LMS superannuation guide

Booklet published in 1901 regarding the law (in Britain) in relation to labour unions

UTA cash handling instructions

NIR fares book

London Transport transfer

Any fans out there of the South African Railways? If there are, form an orderly Q; blankes to the right and nie-blankes to the left, and see if you want any of the following. Again I'm giving it away, though I would ask for postage to be reimbursed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This book is almost like a phone book! It has every loco drawing the SAR ever had!image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This one's for sale. €10 plus postage. Contains a fascinating and detailed article by G B Howden, the GNR's General Manager, on the rebuilding of the Boyne Viaduct. This was a very major undertaking and the article covers all aspects of it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Health & Safety had yet to be invented. This man survived, impossible as the H & S Taliban might have us believe.....

image.jpg

Edited by jhb171achill

I know that political comment is barred from IRM, but here goes!

Vote for P T Somerville-Large!

Sure, he's the GSR's Civil Engineer in Westland Row, don't ye know?

If the mods ban me for canvassing, you'll know they support dem udder wans.

This is post-free, and cost-free, to whoever wants it. The then equivalent of junk mail - it was a blotter! Postcard size. The reverse of this one is unused blotting paper, and was picked up by Senior in the GSR Drawing Office, where the hopeful candidate had been handing them out!

image.jpg

The back: being unused, the mirror images of neither GSR nor Senate secrets are included; buyer supplies and installs their own. Like the impending introduction of 450 class tins on the Kenmare branch, and the military invasion of the Irish Free State by three Orangemen from Cullybackey.

Remember where ye heard it first. There's a scoop for the Longford Leader.....

image.jpg

1948 report now claimed. But the Cullybackey lot have been restrained; they decided to come in quietly via the GNR, but sure haven't they gone and closed Keady to Castleblayney. Them oul diesel-laundering mountainy men. Looks like a lock-in down Keady way tonight.

Here are some WTTs, free but for postage.

Suburban 9.6.74

3.3.75 (tattered, but includes the likes of Loughrea, New Ross and Ballinacourty.

11.5.87 - Irish Rail's first. Set of points logo.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...