Photographic Website Updates

Rate this topic

I spent a lot of yesterday evening having a good look through the Wanderers collection and it is an amazing resource. The USA and UK sections are also well worth a few hours to have a search through, well done.

Rich,

It's a superb collection! It's a pity fotopic screwed us over, but it still has a lot of photos from when times were good! I love the collection of the the distillers special at Connolly, you hardly ever see mk3 there!

It's a superb collection! It's a pity fotopic screwed us over, but it still has a lot of photos from when times were good! I love the collection of the the distillers special at Connolly, you hardly ever see mk3 there!

It certainly is Vincent. Fotopic was always a great place for finding a snap of a particular piece of rolling stock and it dug me out of many holes over the years. It is a pity what happened but at least we are well catered for by the lads that post on here and Eiretrains is invalueble.

Rich,

• Like 1

They're not cleared to operate over routes with manual points as they distance between bogies is longer than the moving part of points and if hypothectically the points were operated while a CPW was passing over it, the front bogie would go one way and the rear one the other. When CTC operation came in it was considered this can no longer happen presumably because of the points being locked when a train is in the section.

IMO it doesn't make sense to use the pockets Ballina-Waterford as this line is cleared for high cubes on flat wagons of which there must be some available. I think we may see them used elsewhere, possibly on their old stamping ground Dublin-Cork.

It certainly is Vincent. Fotopic was always a great place for finding a snap of a particular piece of rolling stock and it dug me out of many holes over the years. It is a pity what happened but at least we are well catered for by the lads that post on here and Eiretrains is invalueble.

Rich,

I know, another great site. I do miss Real Irish train photos, Sean Clancy's collection and Helskitchen, but we're lucky we still have these resources!

Evening all,

I've added some new photos to my Flickr stream:

- Hastings Diesels 'A Canterbury Trail' railtour (24.11.2012): http://flic.kr/s/aHsjCYahYn

- 2800 class railcar operating in East Cork: http://flic.kr/ps/xEEnu

F.

Some amazing photos Finnyus. I have spent many an evening looking through you're collection. I love the pics of Elephant and Castle tube station in the collection. I used it frequently when I was south of the river in London on the Bakerloo line.

Rich,

Thanks for the comments Rich!

I've uploaded some photos of a pre-Christmas trip from Waterford to Limerick Jct:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/finnyus/

F.

You're very welcome Finnyus. They are superb photos and the London photos are very nostalgic. They capture a moment of history and if no one does it, then we have no history. Great stuff.

Rich,

Evening folks,

A rather busy weekend just gone in the Dublin area.

On Saturday 112 hauled failed 8208 from Belfast York Road to Connolly for repairs in Inchicore. 075 brought the failed loco from Connolly to Inchicore. The convoy was pictured at Balbriggan.

After Balbriggan it was over to the Maynooth Line to photo 461 on the 2nd Santa Special of the day. After waiting with Finnyus at Pike Bridge to nearly 1500hrs with no sign of the special I returned to the car to collect the mobile phone and discovered via text that the locomotive had been declared a failure in Pearse and 083 was going to haul the train to Maynooth. The Saturday special was photographed at Pike Bridge and Collinstown.

On Sunday I visited Malahide to photograph 207 crossing the causeway with the 1300 Dublin Connolly - Belfast Central and then it was off to Leixlip Louisa Bridge for 076 on the 1355 Pearse - Maynooth RPSI Santa Special. The return special was photographed at Collinstown.

All the photos from the weekend are now online at: http://smu.gs/SAiwhV

Enjoy,

The Wanderer.