SURVEY - Irish Railway Modelling

Rate this topic

Noel

Thanks again to all of you who kindly took the time to complete the brief survey. I have been pleasantly surprised how many responded so far. As responses are still being made, it is probably better to let it run for another little while until responses slow. I plan to publish the results on the forum over the weekend once the survey has closed. Hopefully folks may find it interesting. Cheers for now. Noel

Also did this within a few of it being posted,good fun I thought

If we saw only a few items from the list I think a lot of us would

Happy, ( I think).

John, something similar was done with the crowd-funding poll and not a lot of punters prepared to buy for sure. Many argued that thread was not that useful as it did not attempt to quantify how many of each loco people would buy, which is what Noel is trying to do here, I think. Many suggested starting with a small crowd-fuinded wagon as an alternative but I'm not sure that anyone has been willing/able to take that on.

I think this thread has merit as it attempts to quantify the degree of interest in popular diesels. Some have declared it invalid as a market research tool and they may be right. However, no one has stated how SF or MM do their market research (I know no-one polled me).

I am glad so many have taken the 5 minutes it takes to fill it out. However, I think we are dependent on the whim of one of two of the larger vendors of Irish outline as what comes on the market, if at all.

Hi Folks.

FYI, the mini survey will close this Friday night and I plan to put the results up here during Saturday.

Noel

Will that be A in the morning,

B in the afternoon,

C will it be before lunch,

D if it's in the morning will I have to be awake when I'm reading the results. :ROFL::ROFL: