A whole different kind of modeling :)

Rate this topic

tonybonneyba

Now...... How do i add the windscreen windows?

I haven't used Blender before I'm a 3ds max user myself, but if its similar there should be an inset command in polygon mode that will allow you to inset a window shape.

Try looking for an polygon inset tutorial for it on youtube.

Liverbird, I think what Tony means is that he is doing a CAD model for computer usage as opposed to a physical model, for which he gave OO/N as well known examples, as such it wouldn't be to a 'scale' per se

Indeed, I am modeling (well...... Trying to) the 80 for TS15 / railworks 6 & it's my first too :)

You're too right Mark. All that great modelling content you have been putting up over the past few years is getting buried these days. I just cant find it anywhere.

Well you did buy D&M curtin side wagons off us ??,and you say you can't find my work input ,just scrol down to manufacture's look under D&M models and you will see my work there along with David,plenty of people have seen my work on there layouts.

just scrol down to manufacture's look under D&M models and you will see my work there along with David,plenty of people have seen my work on there layouts.

Had a couple of ribs removed have we? I think the D part does all the work, your just along for the ride

Well you did buy D&M curtin side wagons off us ??,and you say you can't find my work input ,just scrol down to manufacture's look under D&M models and you will see my work there along with David,plenty of people have seen my work on there layouts.

Last time you had a pop at another manufacturer on here I was told that you were nothing to do with the modelling manufacturing part of that and that was down to David. So which is it? Is that really the best you can come up with?

Yes, I did buy them, and it's all I have bought to be honest for my own reasons. Anyway, you've dragged this way off topic once again. It has also been decided by the mod team that you should have a week off after your earlier attack on junior members of the site in your previous posts on this topic. See you next Friday.

Edited by Warbonnet

Just had a text from another member of the site

He said " Tell him to have a shower while he's away"

Does this make sense to anyone?

Left me cold

Usually personals would take a cold shower to cool off / calm down, so, I'm only guessing that they have asked you to tell them to take a cold shower to calm down......, only a guess

Hi Tony

Isn't the English language a funny old business!!

Boolean operation your looking for;- Invented by Mr 'Fred' Boolean for 3d solid modelling- adding 3d solids together, subtracting one 3d object from others where they intersect, and creating an object from the intersections of 3d objects!!

A way to do doing this is to draw a polygon for the window ope and make it a solid with a thickness greater than the front wall and intersecting it, then use the window ope object to cut-out or subtract it from the front. That is the English version, now you have to find how your software does it.

Once you have mastered one window ope- your away, and you will find this operation can be done on multi objects at one time- draw all the windows and then subtract in one go.

Only joking about the 'Fred' bit- don't know the mans first name but he was pretty good at maths

Eoin